• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

JULIET 2nd Gen PLASMA turning to brown/bronze

denta

I should Work at Oakley
Italy
I noticed some interest on this matter, so I decided to share my experience.

I don’t know if this matter had been already discussed in the past, anyhow sometimes the PLASMA finishing of 2nd Gen Juliet could oxidize and turn to bronze / light brown.

Obviously, the new tone will hardly be homogeneous within the full frame. The hugest difference could be found between bridge and orbitals. Bridge could be darker or lighter than orbital but the result is very often wonderful.

There is a similar frame listed in the marketplace with bridge less oxidized than orbitals.

This is my pair which I completed with VR28 lenses (very homogeneous in average even if some differences could still be found):

45016f1df1a079a2c3e07522f3bab5f1.jpg

f32603ab0f1f4b96c23e0785c9a8d507.jpg

And in the past I had other 2 or 3 of these, another example with darker bridge I completed with Prizm Sapphire (sold):

07168e5d8707734057b6d9f75a816095.jpg

So this is something it could happen. You can love it or not; I do

I noticed some interest on this matter, so I decided to share my experience.

I don’t know if this matter had been already discussed in the past, anyhow sometimes the PLASMA finishing of 2nd Gen Juliet could oxidize and turn to bronze / light brown.

Obviously, the new tone will hardly be homogeneous within the full frame. The hugest difference could be found between bridge and orbitals. Bridge could be darker or lighter than orbital but the result is very often wonderful.

There is a similar frame listed in the marketplace with bridge less oxidized than orbitals.

This is my pair which I completed with VR28 lenses (very homogeneous in average even if some differences could still be found):

View attachment 838057

View attachment 838058

And in the past I had other 2 or 3 of these, another example with darker bridge I completed with Prizm Sapphire (sold):

View attachment 838059

So this is something it could happen. You can love it or not; I do

There's a certain natural beauty to these... like its own custom finish courtesy of time

Wear'em proudly, I say

I got another one.

Not serialized and without sku so 4th Gen.

Look at this one. Pictures do not show how much it is like bronze / dark copper, little shiny. I love it..

9f8044ac580261f78750fd81523dba97.jpg

8892b4d82ff3fb1bd173033f8f7161f0.jpg

73e40afd1cddc9d43a7c09dcddec8e5c.jpg

Is there any way to keep this from happening? Or any way to restore the plasma finish if it *does* happen?

I love the plasma finish on mine and would hate for them to tarnish at all. Although they are a newer non-serialized pair

Back