• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet and Penny's - Sell as-is or have them repaired an updated

TLitt

Oakley Beginner
Since retirement from the military, I buy and sell just about anything (as long as it is legal!)

At thrigft stores, one of the things I always look for are vintage glasses and sunglasses

At local thrift stores I have purchased:
- Penny's, Serialized. Lenses scratched, nose piece very loose ... purchased 50 cents
- Juliet's, Serialized, 1st Gen, Lenses scatched, nose piece very loose .... purchased 99 cents

My question, is it better to put them for sale as-is, or send them in and have them tightened and new lenses and then sell?

Thoughts?

Tim

Since retirement from the military, I buy and sell just about anything (as long as it is legal!)

At thrigft stores, one of the things I always look for are vintage glasses and sunglasses

At local thrift stores I have purchased:
- Penny's, Serialized. Lenses scratched, nose piece very loose ... purchased 50 cents
- Juliet's, Serialized, 1st Gen, Lenses scatched, nose piece very loose .... purchased 99 cents

My question, is it better to put them for sale as-is, or send them in and have them tightened and new lenses and then sell?

Thoughts?

Tim
Welcome to the forum

It's up to you but if you choose to sell them as is you better consider their condition in your price. Don't try charging a price that's way off just to get over on people.

As is. Take a lot of really good pics and start an auction at .99. Describe them well and you'll get the most out of them that way.

I think you would net about the same whether you fixed and sold or whether you sold as is. If you sell as is, it gives the buyer the opportunity to customize them they way they would like to see them.

Back