• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet And X-metal Frame Repairs

teambwr

Oakley Beginner
Hello all, new to this forum and found it as a result of searching the web for answers on the increasingly loose frame state that my numerous pairs of Oakley are in.....

I have quite a few pairs of Oakleys but my two pairs of Juliets and what i think are a pair of X-metals have all suffered from the rubber joints around the nose piece seemingly perishing and the frames becoming excessively loose to the point they're no longer wearable. As these cost me up 270 UK pounds a few years back and the frames themselves are in great condition its very disappointing not to be able to wear them.

I recently bought other Oakleys to be told the Juliets are no longer available and quiet sought after.....not surprised, I still love them but can't wear mine because a cheap rubber insert has perished....grrrrrrrr, annoying!!

Is it possible to get these fixed up?

I now live in Australia and wondered if anyone has had this repair done here?

I have 3 sets that need to fixed and wondered what the cost is per pair and what the turn around time and success is on repairs?

Cheers all..........

Not an expert on the models, just bought the glasses because i loved them...... could be Penny's that I have.

Yeah... Call Oakley UK and tell them you need a Juliet Tune-Up.

In the US it takes about two weeks... And will set you back $70 USD.

They tighten the nose bridge and give you a new set of rubbers...

Good news.....here in Australia they still do a full tune up.....

Problem though i think I have two sets of Pennys and they're saying there are no lenses in Australia for the Penny frames.

Anyone know if its possible to buy them from another oakley company (us or uk, etc)

You're gonna pay some serious bucks for original Oakley lenses...

The only set on eBay are $500... But they are Ruby.

eBay # 300601372346

There are several aftermarket lens sets on eBay though...

You could also send a PM to Dr. Chop and see if he can cut you a set...

Good luck!

Eventually will tune ups for juliets and other X Metals become unavailable leaving all pairs expensive paperweights (for display only) when the flex coupler in the nose bridge gives out?
Or is that something we will never know until it happens and Oakley will never say anything about it? Considering they are discontinued and some tune-ups are already unavailable, it seems more than likely.
Discontinued production of x metals = limited amount of flex couplers and nose bridges (no more being produced) = once all used in tune-ups no more left = all x metals paperweights?

well thats not true. developing aftermatket flex couplers is not an overly tricky affair, and it will arise out of need once oakley stops supporting them. romeo1's dont even need flex couplers, just gaskets. and linegear makes them so R1's are pretty much safe.

What if Oakley releases a new x metal line that continues to use the flex couplers, keeping the same equipment at HQ for tightening old pairs?

i think the romeo 1 and x squared would be on the safe side sice both uses screws on the nose bridge. i just hope sooner or later linegear or other aftermarket sellers would make the couplers for the XS.

im rebuilding a pair of xx that was so loose i couldnt believe it myself,im guessin perspiration deteriorates the rubber,anyhow im using medical grade silicone rubber and fresh drill rod to redo these for another guy on this site.ive installed the pins today and i think i have it now.these will be better than the oakley rebuild because im using a better rubber than they are using and this first one to my guy is free.

you mean by pins are the rivets for nose bridge?

Latest Posts

Back