• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Arms Stripped?

Threadjack

True story - not too long ago I stopped by a local Sunglass Hut to get a refill on my cleaning solution. I was wearing my Juliets that day and had them on my head. The kid behind the counter takes a good look when he hands me back the filled solution bottle and sees the Juliets and the following exchange happens (I **** you not)

Him - "What are those?"
Me - (Raised eyebrow) "Juliets"
H - "Who makes them?"
M- My expression changes to o_O "Oakley"
H - "Naw man. I know Oakleys and those aren't Oakleys"
M - "Are you serious? Do you have brain damage? Does your elevator go to the top floor?"
H - (he tries to hand me a pair of JFLs) "These are Oakleys"
M - "You're a dumbass, you know that?"
H - "Want me to clean them while you're here?"
M - Back to 0_o face "No. No you aren't going to clean them. You aren't going to touch them. If you can't ID a signature and universally known Oakley piece, what in the Seven Hells makes you think I'm going to let you touch them?"
H - Blank face "uhhhh..."

I turned around and my two year old son was trying to fit a pair of Spys into his mouth and my wife was laughing so hard she was doubled over using the stroller to keep herself off the floor.

NMOne-----I am not quoting your post too long-------However that is spectacular. Every time I walk into even the O Vault they ask me if they can clean mine, I swiftly answer no. Knowing how easily and quickly you can scratch these stupid lenses, I don't want anyone touching them. I usually cringe backwards as if they had the plague. Then politely say no thanks.

I wish I was there. Looking at your wife hysterical laughing would have just made me laugh even harder.

I have yet to see any part of the frame strip. Honestly, there is no way the soft stainless screws Oakley uses will strip the titanium alloy. I have literally pulled orbitals apart with stripped screws in them (heads stripped) and pulled the threads off the screws themselves, but not a frame. Chances are, the washers are shot and no matter how tight you go, they won't snug up enough to make them not flop around. I would put money on that or the screw itself is shot

My juliet orbital screw got stuck in the frame, with about 2mm thread sticking out but I was not able to screw it out with a needle nose plier. Are there any recommendation to rescue the pair?
850513283_2368151814305080655.jpg

needle nose vice grips with a mild bite should spin it too. more concerning though, is the white goo buildup at the base of the screw. Is that a lubricant you tried to apply? If not, you might want to heat that area up in case someone before you used some sort of threadlock or something

Latest Posts

Back