• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Bent Stem - Can it be straightened?

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
Bought a Juliet with one stem slightly bent. See right stem in attached pics.
It bends outward from the exact point where the inner end of the rubber ends.

Q. Is it possible to safely bend this back so it curves perfectly like the left stem?
Q. If so, just forcing it by hand or any other way?

Thanks for any advice or personal experiences of similar issues. IMGA0656 - Copy.JPG IMGA0657 - Copy.JPG IMGA0658 - Copy.JPG

Yes, if done with care... and a sledgehammer :p

I'm kidding - by hand, gently... ever so gently...

curves perfectly like the left stem
NO to this because:

A) It is not the left stem :lol:

B) We live in an imperfect world - we're usually lucky just to get close enough from task to task, day to day in our lives - get it close and be happy :D

Does it sit crooked on your head? I have one like that, the bend is enough to notice but they sit level. I've decided to leave them as is...

Does it sit crooked on your head? I have one like that, the bend is enough to notice but they sit level. I've decided to leave them as is...
Sits ok but not perfect. Also thinking about leaving it as would hate for it to snap or just become weaker at that spot... Dilemma.

Message it gently back into shape,very slow ,small incriments
Hm feels like the only way to straighten it would be to pull with a lot of pressure ... Will have to try a gently gently approach.

How does this even happen in the first place?!

My bent pair is my work pair I wear for eye protection when needed. It has red linegear rubbers and clear ruby linegear lenses. Get a ton of compliments on it. The bend is ever so slight... To me, it just isn't worth the risk of ruining such a great pair. Maybe yours is worse, might be worth the risk to straighten it, but not for me :)

Back