• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet bridge question

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
This might be a silly question. Why is it when I purchase used Juliets they sometimes have a bridge that is completely tight on one side but really loose on the other. It's odd. Feels like they need a tune but only on one side.

Anyone else experience this?
What causes it?

Once I checked my BNIB xmetal Juliet. The other side is tight but the other side already has some small movement. I guessed it is how it came from the factory. Correct me if im wrong.

Could be with how they're taken off - I remove mine with two hands, if the owner took them off one-handed that side could stretch more I imagine.

Once I checked my BNIB xmetal Juliet. The other side is tight but the other side already has some small movement. I guessed it is how it came from the factory. Correct me if im wrong.
I had that experience with BNIB, but only a marginal difference on each side. I'm talking about one side being 'rattly' loose and the other factory tight! It's weird but I've seen it a coupla times.

the mold for the right is worn at the tab.or some dope in the manufacturing stage ground off the edges too much.the later the generation ...the worse it gets. The IH and non serialed carbons are horrible.

the mold for the right is worn at the tab.or some dope in the manufacturing stage ground off the edges too much.the later the generation ...the worse it gets. The IH and non serialed carbons are horrible.

Hmm kinda like the pair I just sent you that was a craigslist find.. Those things just flopped in the wind!

I'd say one side will always be slightly weaker to begin with and it is this side which takes the stress the most, so consequently will be the one to fail

That's what I was getting to with my "left or right handed?" post - If you're only using one hand to take them off, that could create more flex wear on that side.

Back