• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Carbon Colors

pupusasrock

I should Work at Oakley
USA
So I am looking to get a pair of Carbon Juliets, and I was just wondering if there are different "shades" of black that have been used for them. For example, some pictures I look at the frames look slightly darker than plasma, but others look like they are much darker. Was just wondering if different generations had different shades of black used or if maybe the difference I see is just due to lighting in the pictures.

There was carbon and polished carbon. I am sure down the road in manufacturing there was some slight differences that didn't really make any impact. Most of the time it's the camera, filters, lighting, etc that changes the look in the pics.

Should be quite a lot darker than plasma.

e0jf.jpg

Top - fifth gen carbon
Middle - fourth gen plasma (sporting +reds from Sibolang, thanks again!)
Bottom - fourth gen carbon

But there does seem to be some variation within the carbons themselves.

my5y.jpg

The middle one is now another fourth gen (i.e. no markings) carbon and the fifth gen (SKU + size) does look a little paler and greyer than the other two in person. Great finish regardless and shows off the coloured lenses well.

The older carbon looks better IMHO. The older has more of a matte finish and shows a really nice patina, the later carbons look like they are painted with a rattle can.
I like the finish on the CJ's, JC's and the serialized Ducs better than later releases.

The early carbons were almost a silvery black as opposed to an all black finish and were a nice pair to own. Shame I let mine go .

Back