• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet EBay Auction,worths It?

Just paid it.
Thank you all for the suggestions.
I will post pics once arrives.
It comes with Emerald iridium but I prefer polar,I am between ruby vs violet so which do you think compliments more the plasma frame?
Thank you.

Either would work but ruby is neutral tint while violet is contrast tint. I would use that criteria to make the final decision, which viewing tint you want more.

Either would work but ruby is neutral tint while violet is contrast tint. I would use that criteria to make the final decision, which viewing tint you want more.
Can you describe me which is the difference neutral vs contrast tint?Means that viewing through ruby is more natural?Just mention that wear contact lenses and have astigmatism.

A neutral tint would be like gray or blue, it just darkens things a bit. It is relaxing.

Contrast tints are usually more brownish (though there's a lot of variety) but overall they make things look sharper, typically by filtering out blue haze. Preferable when more detail is necessary.

My general rule is neutral for bright, direct sunlight and contrast for less bright, cloudy / partly cloudy days.

In general you should consider light transmission % as well as the tint, but in this case, both Ruby and Violet have the same trans %...

I have no idea if one tint or the other is better for astigmatism.

A neutral tint would be like gray or blue, it just darkens things a bit. It is relaxing.

Contrast tints are usually more brownish (though there's a lot of variety) but overall they make things look sharper, typically by filtering out blue haze. Preferable when more detail is necessary.

My general rule is neutral for bright, direct sunlight and contrast for less bright, cloudy / partly cloudy days.

In general you should consider light transmission % as well as the tint, but in this case, both Ruby and Violet have the same trans %...

I have no idea if one tint or the other is better for astigmatism.
Very detailed and to the point description.