• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Frame Causing Lenses To Flex/distort?

Hydropwnic

Oakley Beginner
I purchased a new pair of Juliets (carbon frame, polarized).

I have noticed that the left lens appears to be slightly flexed in the frame, causing some strange ripples/distortions.

If I remove the lens from the frame, the ripples go away since the lens isnt getting bent.

Is this a problem? Or are all Juliets like this? I dont think I can see any visible distortion when wearing the glasses. But if I look at a straight line on my computer monitor, the line becomes distorted at the places you can see the rainbow ripples in the lens. But its very slight...

If its normal, not sure why only one of my lenses look that way.

Thanks for any feedback.

Hydro

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes oakley will cover it, but the fellow I spoke to at Oakley warranty department said its normal. I am deciding whether to bother sending it back to Oakley and waiting 2-3 weeks when the replacement pair might be identical.

Not sure why its only with one lens if its normal. So if anyone else has a pair and and can hold them up in front of an LCD monitor, please let me know if your lenses look the same.

Mine does the same thing, the lens w/the polarized etching has more distortion when viewing against the LCD screen as yours do in the pic but when wearing them I can't see any distortion, looks perfect.

Just took a quick picture of my 24K Juliet. I think the distortion looks normal. Check out my pics. The distorted lens is the one with no "Polarized" etching.

IMG_0928.jpg

My Plasma/Iced Polarized has distortions on both lenses but they are fine when wearing.

Back