• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet help please!!!!

mcj

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone.

Ok. Today I got my hands on what I think are real Juliets. They are in very rough shape. BUT I think they can be fixed.

1st I would like to know they are real.
There is a serial # and it does look like an oakley serial number.

2nd if it's real I would need a complete set of rubbers nose rubber missing and sides seem stretched out.

3rd the lenses look like some one took an angle grinder to them. So I will need a new set of lenses.

4th Are the middle rivets that hold it together replaceable?

Lastly here are some pictures.
20170416_215744.jpg
20170416_215726.jpg
20170416_215618.jpg
20170416_215613.jpg
20170416_215633.jpg
20170416_215640.jpg

That's a fifth gen X Metal frame. That's not a serial number but a sku and size.

Tune up us easy. X Man can do it. Lenses are easy. Plenty of people here have them. Rubbers are another story. They just got discontinued so people like me are buying them all up and hoarding them and some are scalping them for $30 a set.

Nice pair but I hope you got it cheap. Needs a lot of work lol

That's a fifth gen X Metal frame. That's not a serial number but a sku and size.

Tune up us easy. X Man can do it. Lenses are easy. Plenty of people here have them. Rubbers are another story. They just got discontinued so people like me are buying them all up and hoarding them and some are scalping them for $30 a set.

Nice pair but I hope you got it cheap. Needs a lot of work lol

Thanks for that. I am going to contact X Man.

Where could I get the sets of rubbers or at least try to find them.

An oakley vault is your best chance. Or put up a WTB thread and see what you can get.

Hello everyone.

Ok. Today I got my hands on what I think are real Juliets. They are in very rough shape. BUT I think they can be fixed.

1st I would like to know they are real.
There is a serial # and it does look like an oakley serial number.

2nd if it's real I would need a complete set of rubbers nose rubber missing and sides seem stretched out.

3rd the lenses look like some one took an angle grinder to them. So I will need a new set of lenses.

4th Are the middle rivets that hold it together replaceable?

Hey, Welcome,

All the rubber/"Unobtanium" is an easy fix & a non issue. Walleva or Linegear can be purchased on ebay. You may be able to score a complete set of authentic Oakley black Unobtanium rubber right here on the forum. Ebay also has (as do Forum members) nose bridge "flex couplers" to tighten up the nose bridge as well as the rivets.
If you get the X-Metal bug & you buy rebuildable models like the pair you recently purchased and your mechanically inclined purchase this Linegear vise.( I think it was about $90 USD on ebay ) I wish I came up with the idea sooner but someone beat me to the punch.
I was a bit aprehensive screwing with the nose bridge but I went for it. The polished Juliets in this photo were a mess & I gingerly disassembled them completely and sent them in to Oakley.
The black carbon pair of Juliets I did myself with the Linegear vise. Very easy and no damage to the nose bridge whatsoever.
I understand X-Man is highly recommended by many people on the forum and I am a big fan of his work. He does an incredible job. Just look at his pictures & you'll see.
If you want to learn just how simple it is to take these apart purchase a precision set of Wiha Torx drivers. Don't use the inexpensive crap that comes with aftermarket lenses. You may just end up stripping the T6 screws, then you'll be most definitely calling for X-Man (lol).
Lenses are a pretty easy find too, go for authentic Oakley, when and if you sell it may help with the resale price. I would also try to buy an Oakley X-Metal soft vault like in the picture attached.
Good luck! Remember this can become an expensive hobby collecting but there is plenty of support here and people always reach out to help.

Thanks & Welcome

Lastly here are some pictures.
View attachment 330631 View attachment 330632 View attachment 330633 View attachment 330635 View attachment 330636 View attachment 330637

IMG_4891.JPG