• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Help

v2kjokerz

Oakley Expert
SoCal
Ok so the carbon Juliet's I got was a little beat up. Got the glasses at night so it was my fault that I didn't look at it more closer before I paid. The carbon frame has some rubbed out spots on top of the frame and on the ear stems, a few small knicks on the upper part of the frame, the rubbers look a little old and the plastic washers on the screws are falling apart :'( oh yea and the lenses are pretty bad and needs replacement. Trying to return these because it was not as described by the seller and the pictures didn't really show those issues. worst case scenario and he doesnt reply to my messages and i'm stuck with this. what can I do to get them back to decent state? would a tune up get all the beat up parts replaced? what extra stuff do I need to buy except for the obvious one like the lens.

sigh, I thought I got lucky but I guess lesson learned....... I'll bring a flashlight next time I pick up something during the night time!!! :mad:

ok so a tuneup will replace all rubbers, flex couplers and also those screws as well as the plastic washers. you can request for a lens swap as well while they are at it, for a price of course. frame-wise, i dont think they can do much. you can probably do a custom coating or just polish all of it off. or leave it as-is.. if they're decent enogh to just be a everyday wearing pair.

ok so a tuneup will replace all rubbers, flex couplers and also those screws as well as the plastic washers. you can request for a lens swap as well while they are at it, for a price of course. frame-wise, i dont think they can do much. you can probably do a custom coating or just polish all of it off. or leave it as-is.. if they're decent enogh to just be a everyday wearing pair.

what can I use to polish it off?

As for the frames themselves, there's not much you can do about the finish. An option would be to get them polished.

For a full tune up, you can take it to Oakley HQ Walk in Warranty and they'll charge you $64.99 for a complete tune up, which should include new earsocks, nose pieces, gaskets, and nose bridge tightening. You can also buy new lenses there for about $65.

If you can, see if you can get your money back. You're looking at another $130 on top of what you already paid for those Juliets. :sad:

EDIT: BriP beat me to it. That's what i get for starting to comment, then getting distracted with work :lol:

metal polish? have you done any polishing before? or work your way up the grits of sandpaper.. probably start at around 400-800? ask some of the others in the DIY custom section as well.. see what others use.

goes without saying you should remove the lens and all rubber before you do this.

As for the frames themselves, there's not much you can do about the finish. An option would be to get them polished.

For a full tune up, you can take it to Oakley HQ Walk in Warranty and they'll charge you $64.99 for a complete tune up, which should include new earsocks, nose pieces, gaskets, and nose bridge tightening. You can also buy new lenses there for about $65.

If you can, see if you can get your money back. You're looking at another $130 on top of what you already paid for those Juliets. :sad:

EDIT: BriP beat me to it. That's what i get for starting to comment, then getting distracted with work :lol:

Yea, I'm pretty bummed out on this one. hopefully I can get my money back :(

Well, I was able to return the beat up Juliet's and he offered me the BNIB Carbon/Black Iridium that he had for sale also for $200 but I was able to convinced him to drop it down to $150. I am so glad I was able to avoid paying more for a beat up pair than actually getting a new one.

Latest Posts

Back