• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet HQ Tune Up Experience

price is different, I've called HQ for tuneups and they charged me 79.99 including shipping, but that's before I found out about the x-man. they would of changed the rubbers but to black as they no longer make red ones.

There appears to be very little consistency in any of their warranty work from what I'm hearing.
Although I'm jealous...I'm not upset since I got some lenses that would've cost me $90 otherwise. But still, free would've been a way better deal. Next time I need a tune up, I'll have you call. Haha

It's my understanding that the peeling that you experienced is a somewhat common defect that is covered for the life of the lenses. I had to call about some half jackets a few years ago and the rep told me that they would replace them at no charge because it was something that should never happen.

I didn't know that. Is that a new policy? I remember sending some Monster Dogs for the same reason, years ago. That time I paid $40. I was sent brand new glasses though. Frames and lenses.

I didn't know that. Is that a new policy? I remember sending some Monster Dogs for the same reason, years ago. That time I paid $40. I was sent brand new glasses though. Frames and lenses.
I sent a pair in and that was the answer that I received. I've also been told by two different managers at two different oakley stores that this is the case. The peeling effect is some sort of defect that is apparently rather common. I've owned roughly 50 pairs of oakleys and it's only happened to one pair of mine. But they said that they would cover that particular defect for the life of the lenses. I believe they said it would likely only happen on polarized lenses, if anything.

That's awesome bro. Last April I went there and got a few tune ups for free but certainly never got brand new, upgraded lenses. Good score.

I sent a pair in and that was the answer that I received. I've also been told by two different managers at two different oakley stores that this is the case. The peeling effect is some sort of defect that is apparently rather common. I've owned roughly 50 pairs of oakleys and it's only happened to one pair of mine. But they said that they would cover that particular defect for the life of the lenses. I believe they said it would likely only happen on polarized lenses, if anything.

Great information. Thanks.

How much was the fix-up on the Antix? I was thinking about just buying a pair of new lenses from ebay and doing it myself, but I don't even know where or how to fix the Antix lenses.
I sent my Antix because the polarized film was peeling. They sent me a shipping label, and shipped them back with new lenses. I didn't even pay for shipping.

Back