• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Ice Iridium Polarized Lens Replacements

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Hello all, new to the board, been snooping awhile. I'm a long time Oakley fan and owner. I have owned many different pairs in the past, but I currently only own two pair. Juliet Plasma Frame with Polarized Ice Iridium lenses, and Monster Dog Polished Black with Polarized Black Iridium lenses. The topic of this thread will be about my Juliets.

I bought these glasses back in 2005, and they have been with me ever since. They have seen very hard use over the years, and today I finally called Oakley to schedule a much needed tune-up. The frames were completely loose and free-moving, and the rubber needs replacing. My question is about my lenses. Mine have some fine scuffs and scratches on them, and I want to replace them. My problem is though, I am unable to find Polarized Ice Iridium replacement lenses. I have found non-polarized versions, but not the polarized ones. Where can I find polarized Ice Iridium replacements? Do I need to call Oakley back and request replacements from them directly? I do not see replacements listed on their site. The only thing I have found was if I buy a brand new pair of Plasma Frame Juliets with the Polarized Ice Iridium lenses for $400. This is of course, not an option. Any help is much appreciated.

Some people reacted to this post.
welcome to the forum! oakley has stopped making ice iridium polarized lenses for sometime now.

I called Oakley Customer Service today. They told me the only X Metal frame they could service was the Juliet. They said they had new rubber kits in black and that was it.

I initially called them to find the base curve of Eyepatch. And then asked them about XX X Metal frames that are super super floppy. They told me they were totally out of the rubber replacement kits and they could no longer service them, so they gave me the "Upgrade Offer" They offered me 35% off any 1 pair of sunglasses.

For tune ups send them to The X Man.....fantastic work,super fast turn around time and half as much. Oakley will be 2 weeks minimum....You can view various threads here about The X Mans services.....

+1

highly recommend x-man's services.

Username Hidden said:
I called Oakley Customer Service today. They told me the only X Metal frame they could service was the Juliet. They said they had new rubber kits in black and that was it.

I initially called them to find the base curve of Eyepatch. And then asked them about XX X Metal frames that are super super floppy. They told me they were totally out of the rubber replacement kits and they could no longer service them, so they gave me the "Upgrade Offer" They offered me 35% off any 1 pair of sunglasses.

I guess they up'd the ante... Use to be 25%... Did they want you to send in your old ones first??

I've actually already spoke with Oakley about getting my Juliets tuned up. They quoted me a $60 price and two week turnaround. I did not speak to them about the lenses though. I have a shipping label ready to go from Oakley, but I will look into X Man before sending in my glasses.

As far as the lenses, it looks like I'm out of luck getting replacement Polarized Ice Iridiums. I guess I'm going to get some Emerald Iridium lenses instead. Not polarized, but I do like the look.

Believe the hype about The X Man....he definately knows the drill....everyone here who has used his services are very happy with the outcome...he will even refinish them if you'd like.

From time to time BNIB Ice Polarized pop up on eBay but you will pay for them......

This looks to be the case with the Emerald Iridiums as well. I take it Oakley has stopped making these as well? They appear to be sold out on every store online, and the only authentic ones I can find are on eBay for $89. Probably going to bite the bullet on them.