• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Ice Iridium Polorized lens question

Dullisc

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Round Rock, Tx
Just picked up this pair of juliets and was taking a look at them when I saw this on the lens. It's only visible when shining a light directly in it and I've not seen this on any other lens before. Any idea what's going on here?

IMG_2764.JPG

I don't know. I would think that if the lens was lifting that you might see it without having to view it with a light. But never seen a lens lift before so don't know.

What artifact are you observing, exactly? That line along the top of the lens by the orbital? The smudges? Whatever that shape is down near the orbital break?

If you mean the thing near the orbital break, it looks like the beginnings of delamination.

Try taking a few more pictures and get zoomed in on your area of concern. Good lighting helps too. Outdoors in natural light is great. You should get a quick answer with the right pictures.

Are you referring to the area that looks like face on the lense near the orbital split? I think I saw something about this on the UFO channel, you have now been marked by the Grey's, just be glad it wasn't one of those Reptilian bastards, they do some sick thang to dudes like you, lol!!! If you have tried cleaning and it's still there, can you run a fingernail across it and feel any type of edge? My guess would be delam but not positive. Are you sure their Oakley lenses, maybe email them? Let us know what you find out. Later
NCH

Are you referring to the area that looks like face on the lense near the orbital split? I think I saw something about this on the UFO channel, you have now been marked by the Grey's, just be glad it wasn't one of those Reptilian bastards, they do some sick thang to dudes like you, lol!!! If you have tried cleaning and it's still there, can you run a fingernail across it and feel any type of edge? My guess would be delam but not positive. Are you sure their Oakley lenses, maybe email them? Let us know what you find out. Later
NCH
Oh man always wanted to meet the green lizard men. Lol. Yeah cleaned them rubbed my fingernail on them yeah nothing to indicate. Positive they are OEM lenses. There is no effect when looking through them. Just shows up when a light is shown threw them

I was hoping they were special one of a kind with millions lenses. Oh one can dream. Lol.

Latest Posts

Back