• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Infinite Hero replacement lenses.

Here’s another example of my lens etching..

38973F88-D1AA-4031-8E44-4EAA2AB36238.png

I’m certain that it’s way better quality than anything Oakley can do. We also do etching for the likes of Alex Ferguson, Glennfidich and Johnny Walker on their 60 year old whisky bottles. Each empty bottle worth around 1k and around 30k when the juice is inside!

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Expecially for a novice like myself. I am sorry though, but I do have another question and it's abit of a stupid one 🤦‍♂️. What does OEM and OF stand for in terms of the lenses? Sorry again.
Oem is original equipment manufacturer or something like that and OF is probably original factory in that context.

Meaning original, made by Oakley, for that specific model (or an OEM cut being a made by Oakley lens, cut to fit one of their other frames). Anything else would be "aftermarket".

Split jacket lenses can be cut to fit Juliet's.
OEM lenses . Sell the frame with secondary lenses and you'll get a great value.

Oem is original equipment manufacturer or something like that and OF is probably original factory in that context.

Meaning original, made by Oakley, for that specific model (or an OEM cut being a made by Oakley lens, cut to fit one of their other frames). Anything else would be "aftermarket".
I wouldn't consider a custom cut from an Oakley lens OEM. I'm under the impression that anything "customized to fit" is not original equipment.

I wouldn't consider a custom cut from an Oakley lens OEM. I'm under the impression that anything "customized to fit" is not original equipment.
For the context of it, the original was still oem to the manufacturer not made by a third party. Some people still place a higher desire to get an OEM lens even if it's custom cut (ie Oakley prizm vs say Revant).

OEM means original equipment manufacturer. If you put a V8 Chevy engine in a Chevy that only ever came with a V6, would you consider it an OEM replacement? Serious collectors wouldn't. There is an infamous eBay seller who claims to sell OEM lenses that are actually custom cuts. That seller is constantly getting blasted here for misrepresenting that.
I do agree most people here would prefer the custom cut Oakley lens over aftermarket.

OEM means original equipment manufacturer. If you put a V8 Chevy engine in a Chevy that only ever came with a V6, would you consider it an OEM replacement? Serious collectors wouldn't. There is an infamous eBay seller who claims to sell OEM lenses that are actually custom cuts. That seller is constantly getting blasted here for misrepresenting that.
I do agree most people here would prefer the custom cut Oakley lens over aftermarket.
Oh silly Rick, Trix are for the youth!

Here’s another example of my lens etching..

View attachment 905562

I’m certain that it’s way better quality than anything Oakley can do. We also do etching for the likes of Alex Ferguson, Glennfidich and Johnny Walker on their 60 year old whisky bottles. Each empty bottle worth around 1k and around 30k when the juice is inside!
You a scotch guy? I like me some glenfiddich, but I’m a huge Glendronach fan!

Latest Posts

Back