• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Infinite Hero

XOutlaw

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys I'm new here. I have never had a quality pair of sunglasses until now. I fly RC Helicopters and depend on them a lot on bright days.

My current pair of cheap shades broke last week and my wife decided to take me shopping for a high quality pair of sunglasses as an early birthday present.

My eyes immediately feel on this particular pair and I feel in love with it. It was pretty pricey but the store we were at had a 30% off sale since these were 2011 models. Wearing it for the first time this thing felt so solid and fit perfect. It was so worth the price!

I have two questions though:

1. Seeing that the X Metal line has been discontinued is it still possible for me to get replacement rubber parts for this model in the original purple color it came with?

2. How long do the rubber parts usually last before needing to be replaced?

Thanks
Chevy

You probably won't be able to find purple rubber but black and brown are readily available. You should get years out of the rubber before they soften and deteriorate, but it all depends on how much weathering they are put through and how well you care for them. Please buy them and sell them to me!!

First off: jump on those glasses! They are rare and highly sought after. Of course they are really beautiful too. That said, Brett is right, oakley only produces black and brown rubbers now. To add, the purple lens isn't produced separately either.

LOL! I fell in love with them instantly so my wife got them for me the same day :D

As I told Brett I do CNC machining and the craftsmanship in these are amazing!

God I keep hearing of people finding these in stores, I wonder if I can get them transferred? Amazing pick up brotha

I've tried on several occasions to get replacements from warranty and they were not available for purchase.
I don't know if they even ran enough for warranty replacements or if they would replace warranties with black rubbers.

Back