• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Info Requested

Mr. K

Oakley Expert
Seattle, WA
Greeting All, new to the forum but find it to be a great place.

My collection consists of mainly XS and Juliets. And 1 Pit Boss.

My question is regarding a pair of Plasma? Juliets I have. I have the box, papers, coin, and original reciept.

They are a JE0007XX SN.

They sit in my display as I do not wear them anymore thinking that due to the low SN they might be worth something as a collectible.

The left lense is scuffed, but the temple is very tight.

The metal is discoloring a bit around the nosepiece. Can anything be done about this? I took the nosepads off to show it better. When they are on, they cover most of the darkening discoloration.

So if these were yours, what would you do? Replace the lense or keep the originals intact? Are these worth anything due to the low SN or are these just not hightly sought after?

They are not for sale at this point, I'm just looking for any info/advice you all can give. I have a bunch of Juliets so no need to wear these. I do not need the cash right now so they will just sit in my display, but would appreciate other die hard Oakley fans' input. Thanks.

oj4-1.jpg

OJ5.jpg

OJ2-1.jpg

OJ3.jpg

That's a 1st Gen Plasma (the E stands for Emerald, the stock lens). Yes its a low serial because its only 3 digits so its one of the first 700ish produced. The frame issues you're describing are common with early versions of the Plasma frame that were resolved in later generations.

Value? Hmmm...depends on the day and the buyers...but I would certainly hang onto them probably another year or so until the stock of X Metals is gone post discontinuance in March...any value they have will be higher then.

yeah the value is abit tarnished along with that frame discoloration.. ive seen some people use metal cleaners to clean it up but have no experience with it. usually its due to sweat corrosion. the lenses, if you can find the same emerald lenses, replace them. but they are hard to come by so keep them either way. nice low serial pair.. if not for the corrosion, this would be quite valuable..

yeah the value is abit tarnished along with that frame discoloration.. ive seen some people use metal cleaners to clean it up but have no experience with it. usually its due to sweat corrosion. the lenses, if you can find the same emerald lenses, replace them. but they are hard to come by so keep them either way. nice low serial pair.. if not for the corrosion, this would be quite valuable..

I was afraid of that. But oh well, I buy Oakley glasses to enjoy, not expecting to profit. It is nice that some glasses hold some re-sale value though.

Still kinda cool it is one of the first 1000 to be produced.

Anyone take a stab what the glasses are worth in this condition?

I bought a plasma serialized Juliet first gen for around $140. They didn't have any discoloration though, and had aftermarket lenses. I would buy them at around $175 ish if I were looking. I don't really care for the discoloration though, since no one will see it anyways!

yes, one of the first 700+ plasma/emerald combo... remember each color combination had their own serial line. x-metal /ruby iridium if i recalll is the first line that was made, with the X-123456 serials.. so those serials were 'truly' the first juliets to be made.

so yeah =)

I have a low J***072 X Metal/Ruby that i acquired recently for only $100. The frame has some scratches, but it is in pretty good condition considering it's age. The Black Iridium lenses were beat, but i replaced them with some new OEM Ruby lenses to keep with the serial number theme (according to the Wiki Serial list: The Oakley Review - Wiki (Serial_List) ) and they're a great pair to wear.

As already mentioned above, it depends who your buyer is. Personally i think the low serial is cool to have, but i wouldn't pay a premium for it. Like you, i buy my glasses to enjoy and try to wear every frame i own. On the other hand, I know there are guys on here that would kill for a low serial X Metal. So again, it just depends who you talk to.

From a collector's point of view, they are nice!! 1st gen. low serial! I, personally, would keep them all original (as opposed to getting new lenses) and would admire them as nothing but a collector's piece. I wouldn't sell them, nor would I wear them as they are already tarnished enoug and have had their fair share of face-time!!

Very nice indeed!

I have a low J***072 X Metal/Ruby that i acquired recently for only $100. The frame has some scratches, but it is in pretty good condition considering it's age. The Black Iridium lenses were beat, but i replaced them with some new OEM Ruby lenses to keep with the serial number theme (according to the Wiki Serial list: The Oakley Review - Wiki (Serial_List) ) and they're a great pair to wear.

As already mentioned above, it depends who your buyer is. Personally i think the low serial is cool to have, but i wouldn't pay a premium for it. Like you, i buy my glasses to enjoy and try to wear every frame i own. On the other hand, I know there are guys on here that would kill for a low serial X Metal. So again, it just depends who you talk to.

nice.. but i would be extra interested to know who has a 'X' serialed juliet.. that would be cool..!