• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Juliet - JG serial number - Refinished - with vault, coin, and some original parts

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Located: Indiana, USA
Payment: PayPal
Price: $350 for what is here and at this time I do not want to break up what I have. I am sure the vault and Juliet box could recoup funds for a buyer. Prefer to not ship outside the USA but can be discussed for an additional fee.

I try to be an open book about anything I do on Oakley Forum. I love Oakley, but I am not a fanatic that knows history or a forum user that keeps track of anything going on with Oakley, etc... So, please read what I know and don't assume anything. Please feel free to ask because I really am a noob by current standards.

I have owned these Juliet's from new. They were a graduation gift from my boss at the bicycle shop I worked at, and we sold Oakley. I believe the JG leads us to believe these are 1st gen, but the second release of 1999. They were gifted to me in the spring of 2001 when I was told I could have any pair in the case.

Years ago, I was around Oakley Forum and received a lot of help selling Oakley stuff I had, and items that belonged to my old boss/friend. He had a lot of show room type items. At that time, I also received advice on where to send my Juliets for refinishing and I did just that but asked them to leave the serial number intact. I also stopped by another friend's bicycle shop and using his Oakley account, we ordered the last set of lenses Oakley showed in stock in a color I would want (Tungsten Iridium). I don't know if it was the end of them making Juliet lenses or maybe it was just low inventory, I don't know. I was also able to get ear socks and nose pieces.

The refinish is because I was young and dumb and in probably 2001 I decided to polish the stems so they would have a two-tone look.

About the box... Sadly, when I was gifted them, I was given the incorrect box. I have the box and coin for T004101, another pair of Juliets we had in stock at the time. The coin is correct since it is Juliet 1999. The inside of the box is sticky and coming apart from age.

The vault, I think these came in different sizes and I do not know what size this one is. The inside is coming apart.

Inside the small boxes:
1. Original gold iridium lenses with plenty of scratches. Not abused but not properly stored in their early years. Second set of lenses that I messed up the first day I had them, when I leaned over with the glasses on top of my head and the lens rubbed against a garage door spring.
2. Original ear and nose pieces
3. Box for the lenses that are currently installed (Tungsten Iridium)

The one thing the pictures cannot show or share.... The right lens moves a little when cleaning the lenses. If this bothered someone, I am sure a small piece of material could be put in the lens groove. I think this has been this way since new and not related to these latest lenses. It sounds bad, but I just cannot remember. It's safer to assume it's the frames and not the lenses since I certainly don't want to hide anything.

20220103_142150059_iOS.jpg

20220103_142157639_iOS.jpg

20220103_142204117_iOS.jpg

20220103_142215150_iOS.jpg

20220103_142223872_iOS.jpg

20220103_141927641_iOS.jpg

20220103_141944946_iOS.jpg

20220103_141957938_iOS.jpg

20220103_142310374_iOS.jpg

20220103_142319596_iOS.jpg

20220103_142337906_iOS.jpg

20220103_143549108_iOS.jpg

20220103_143700632_iOS.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
Inbox is full bro

PM you if you clean out your inbox

Username Hidden said:
Inbox is full bro
sorry, fixed. Rookie mistake.

Wow incredible value for the price being asked.. and a very detailed description and lots of photos to back up condition ..

Kudos sir for awesome listing .. this won’t last the day that’s for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.