• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet JG...

Carrera1963

Lover of Juliet
Premium Member
UK
...but not the later polished/G30 that inherited the prefix, but the early x-metal/gold model.

I'd wanted this SKU for a while, but it nearly didn't happen. There was clearly interest in this pair, which weren't boxed, and the bids were piling up... I threw a high bid in at the last but it wasn't quite enough, someone just topped me. Which was a shame, because I'd had a plan for them...

You see, I like gold lenses but I have them in a couple of pairs already and besides, I'd managed to source some interesting lenses a little while ago that I thought would be a perfect fit for the frame and would be a little bit in keeping with the SKU too.

But not to be :( I had a day or two to dwell on that; I hadn't been too disappointed at first, because I had bid high but I was annoyed at a well-laid plan not coming together. That was when I got the second-chance offer through :)

So I did snap these up after all! The lenses I had were from Monster Pup and the Juliet lenses I had cut from that frame before were from @salj838, so got back in touch about cutting these gold...clears :) It's an interesting lens, with an almost clear-appearing base, which is actually a very subtle contrast base, with a faint shimmer of gold iridium across the lens. 53% light transmission limits the use but for overcast days or as light dims in the evening, it's a good choice.

fJev9N.jpg

kQkUQk.jpg

We had three pairs of the lenses altogether - I understand that salj is keeping one pair for herself, but the other should be available if someone wants to grab a very hard to find and attractive lens for themselves! Thanks for the help in putting this pair together salj!

Yep. The lens base itself is slightly goldish for a subtle contrast, and there is the slightest sheen of gold iridium on top. Very tricky to capture on camera, doubly so once mounted.

Back