• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Lens Identification Help

scienergy

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Made in USA
So I know the subject of Ruby vs Fruby has been covered a million times but...

I have these lenses I found in my stash, they are Juliet and I know they are OEM due to the edging of the cut and thickness/curve. I think they are older Ruby (not first gen because no purple), however, there's one thing that's throwing me for a loop that I cannot confirm...

The base of these is a brown/yellow/titanium/tungsten color whereas all other Ruby lenses I've seen have a blue base color. Can anyone identify what these are? Do older Ruby lenses have a different base color?

IMG_2626.JPG IMG_2631.JPG

Comparison to newer "Fruby"

comparisonfront.jpg comparisonrear.jpg

Agree with the above. Original fire. They were beautiful weren't they... Before Lux in their wisdom showed us the true color of fire, a greenish yellow with slight orange on the periphery... But yeah, those look good bro!

What would be a fair price to ask for these? They are very gently used, by that I mean a 1mm scuff that doesn't affect vision. I've seen a lot of lenses but never these. I only wear XX, so I really have no use for them other than collect.

What would be a fair price to ask for these? They are very gently used, by that I mean a 1mm scuff that doesn't affect vision. I've seen a lot of lenses but never these. I only wear XX, so I really have no use for them other than collect.
Since they are used and with a scratch that would knock down the value a bit... Still, they sure are pretty.... Would look darn nice in a display pair...

Latest Posts

Back