• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet lens will still be made

OakleyFreak

I put the G in GMoney
EveryWhere
Well I thought I would share this
Not sure whether its a misinformed CSR or not
But on the Phone with Oakley this morning
She promised me that the Juliet lens are in production , and will be on the web site when available
Further more she said with the popularity of that frame , they should make lenses for a while

Just wish the 24 K X Metal XX were available new

Fingers are crossed

The XX lenses were available until very recently

Yes I was hoping they would continue to make the lenses '
But the CSR said she didnt think they would continue the XX SIGH
I have several Black Iridum, But only have 4 sets of the 24K
The 24K are one of my everyday pair to wear, Sucks I might have to hunt for used lenses now

Last edited:
Some Juliet lenses may become available again, but I suspect not for long - they will be gone, sooner than later. There are a few recent threads that pretty much hit the nail on the head with some SKUs disappearing and reappearing... I'd expect nothing more that BI/BIP and maybe a run of Ruby or Fire before they are gone from regular stock forever.

Besides - Why would Oakley want to sell Us lenses for our 1st gen X-Metals when they want Us to buy the next-gen X-Metal-kinda-sorta-branded things? That makes no sense - they don't fully tune Juliets or any other X-Metals anymore so why would they bother providing other parts?

They won't - they'll sell us the new stuff ... and many of us will buy it.

If you are an OEM die-hard must-have-Oakley you can get an Rx lens cut with a 0+/-, does not matter if you have a Juliet, XX, or R1 - Oakley will cut it. There is plenty of profit margin left in Rx lenses, they are worthy.

Some Juliet lenses may become available again, but I suspect not for long - they will be gone, sooner than later. There are a few recent threads that pretty much hit the nail on the head with some SKUs disappearing and reappearing... I'd expect nothing more that BI/BIP and maybe a run of Ruby or Fire before they are gone from regular stock forever.

Besides - Why would Oakley want to sell Us lenses for our 1st gen X-Metals when they want Us to buy the next-gen X-Metal-kinda-sorta-branded things? That makes no sense - they don't fully tune Juliets or any other X-Metals anymore so why would they bother providing other parts?

If you are an OEM die-hard must-have-Oakley you can get an Rx lens cut with a 0+/-, does not matter if you have a Juliet, XX, or R1 - Oakley will cut it. There is plenty of profit margin left in Rx lenses, they are worthy.

Well said!

be nice if jannard could help us out on this one...he still has a big share in this company

Can you translate this for a Juliet newbie:

'If you are an OEM die-hard must-have-Oakley you can get an Rx lens cut with a 0+/-, does not matter if you have a Juliet, XX, or R1 - Oakley will cut it. There is plenty of profit margin left in Rx lenses, they are worthy'

Specifically what does Rx, 0+/- mean?

Thanks the owl. So does that mean we could simply ask Oakley themselves to cut a Flak lens for a Juliet ?? I'm confused!

Back