• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet lens will still be made

Specifically what does Rx, 0+/- mean?

Oakley sells prescription lenses. They will make them for ANY X-Metal. Many O stores even have an optometrist in-store part time where you can get an eye exam and they can send your order directly in to Oakley to have the lenses made. Otherwise, an optometrist or ophthalmologist would assess your vision, consult, and write your prescription. The thing is you may or may not require significant correction, requiring a very weak|minimal prescription/Rx, if any. This is what I am trying to convey with the 0+/- ... you could get a minimal Rx, maybe a +.5 or even that 0.0, though most people can use some correction. The big downside is cost. There are other factors as well. For example, it is possible for a very high|strong Rx to require a specific curvature that does not suit all frames.

Hope this helps :)

They wouldn't cut a current lens, they would simply cut one set for you from the material which they make lenses. Same process as regular lenses just smaller scale and the price is much higher.

Ahhhh I see. Thanks all for explaining. Since I have good vision, it would end up being a very expensive way of doing things, when we have established cutting experts on the forum. Interesting though.

We don't use the term Rx in the UK at all, we call them prescription lenses, so it causes the Brits some confusion until we become accustomed:)

They can be if you pay for it... Adding anti glare, anti fog, thinning and scratch resistance doubles thenprice of my prescription lenses...
Good points - and also a hint as to the true total cost of the lenses by the time you look through them!

At the end of it all for X-metal Rx|prescription lenses you are probably looking low to mid 2's and could be as much as $300.00 :eek:

If you go for Rx lenses check your vision plan for a discount. It may be more difficult to justify the Oakley lens, but if you already have the frame then...? Also, if your eye Dr. does Oakley that may help ease the pain in your wallet - YMMV

Back