• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Lenses Discontinued.

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
N

nightpusher1

Placed an order last week with Optics Planet for,amongst other things 4 Ruby Juliet lens kits and 3 Fire Juliet kits,just got a mail saying they have 3 Ruby and 1 Fire - thats it cant get any more from their distributors or Oakley because Oakley have informed them that they are now discontinued.
OP now list Tungsen,BI, BIP and VR28 BIP as the only Juliet lenses available ,and they arnt in stock,so looks like the beginning of the end for factory lenses for the Juliet.

We noticed the other day that you could no longer order VR28 BIP on the Oakley website in the US. But unsure if that's temporary, an error with the redesign, or an actual discontinuation.

Either way since I prefer polar I've been having to go the custom cut route for everything other than BIP & VR28 BIP for quite some time now...

Optics Planet is an American seller dealing with Oakley USA so the info is from the source ,by that I mean its not a local Australian thing,we havn't been able to get Juliet lenses for years.

Good old "new" Oakley...

They sold x metals originally with a lifetime warranty and changed at some point to a 1 year.
Then they stop selling lenses for glasses that they sold under lifetime warranty.
That simple.
Would it kill Oakley to continue to sell lenses for $70 that cost $5?
Weren't x metals marketed to last a lifetime?

We noticed the other day that you could no longer order VR28 BIP on the Oakley website in the US.

I placed an order earlier this year for two pair of VR28 polars. I got one of them in a week or so, the other took a couple of months. Multiple conversations with different folks [at Oakley] indicated they had demand quotas that translated into order thresholds. Once enough were ordered and/or backordered there was another run. It would make sense that there could be a point where demand is not sufficient to sustain availability, the item would be suspended, perhaps even cancelled. I was told this is how the Emerald [Juliet] lenses went away, it was not very popular for a while there and it died as a result... Perhaps this is what we are seeing?

Of course it is equally possible they are just continuing to choke what would otherwise be a still-profitable ecosystem. :(

I wonder if they will still offer prescription lenses?