• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Lenses Fitting Issue

I have two pairs of polished Juliets and one pair the right lens always fit loose. Even with different lenses. I had just put a very thin strip of tape along the upper inside groove and never moved again.

I bought some OEM rubies to replace some tired fires and it took until the fourth frame that I was happy that the right lens was secure enough to actually wear. It was rattling around in the first three.

I recently purchased a new BIP set from the local Oakley Store. When I got them home and stuck them in, the left lens didn't actually sit inside the orbital all the way around. One side or the other would stick out flush with the rim, leaving a tiny gap I could actually see through if I held it close to my eye. You know, like when I wore them on my face...

Anyway, I took them back to the store, where the extremely helpful clerk pulled out another set of lenses and swapped them out. To my horror, the exact same thing happened. I was ready to give up. Having just sent the juliets in for a tuneup where they adjusted the orbitals (I know they did because when I sent them, with the screws removed the gap on one orbital was vastly larger than the gap on the other, when I got them back, they were equal) I thought they'd probably tweaked them too much or incorrectly. Third time was the charm though, I guess, because we got a third set out and swapped them yet again and they fit perfectly. Perhaps the first two sets were from the same lot.

After this experience I decided to stock up a few sets for the future while I can still buy them at the store and return them if they don't fit.

Back