• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Lenses

wayne0822

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,
I have been a hardcore Oakley customer for years especially x metal Juliet line.
Today I found out that there were some scratches on my polarized fire iridium lenses (should have bought 10 sets when I bought the glasses) and wondering if I should just get the OEM non polarized ones or go custom (since Oakley they stopped making the polarized ones anymore, why Oakley? Why?)

My question is would you guys just go for the non polarized ones or go custom (by custom I don't mean the bad cheap 30 dollars ones on ebay, I think there is someone here on the forum can do the job for you) ?

Thanks guys

:)

Custom. I prefer polarized. I have a violet and ruby polarized on stand by ready to be cut! I was gonna get them cut but found another juliet project.

So did you just get other OEM Oakley lenses and cut them to fit Juliet or the lenses are aftermarket as well?
Sorry I am new here but when I saw those scratches on the lenses I was almost shoot myself int he head.

It's good that you're not considering aftermarkets... they look good but the optics are crap, among other criticisms.

I also have been using fire polar in Juliets for years. I don't know how old the ones you have are, but they're different these days, more yellow / orange while they used to be more orange / red.

Really, modern ruby (aka "fruby") look more like old fire, but the base tint is completely different - fire is contrast and ruby is neutral.

So to answer your question, regardless of if you get polar or regular, they likely won't look the same as old fires. Whether you should custom cut some polar donors or just get the OEM replacements is really a question of how important polar is to you. For me, it's almost must-have, but some feel differently. Polar custom cuts will cost more - the polar donors themselves are more expensive, plus the cutting cost. But, personally, I'd rather pay the higher cost than have a non-polar pair that I don't want to wear compared to my polar pairs.

There are people on here who can source and cut other OEM lenses to fit. I've had some from Infinite Hero, so I can vouch for those, but Xmetalmaniac also offers the service.

My stand by 2 are big taco lenses(OEM). My first juliet has a pair of fire OEM I ordered from oakley. I went cheap because I customized my first pair of juliets and didnt know what to expect. The only aftermarket lens in thinking about getting is linegears clear ruby.

My stand by 2 are big taco lenses(OEM). My first juliet has a pair of fire OEM I ordered from oakley. I went cheap because I customized my first pair of juliets and didnt know what to expect. The only aftermarket lens in thinking about getting is linegears clear ruby.

I think LG replacement rubbers are fine but you should read this post (if you haven't already) before getting LG lenses, and they're some of the best aftermarkets out there:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/i-am-a-believer-in-linegear.14463/page-3#post-264717

Maybe I should get the unknown with clear ruby after all. Dang you! Why didn't you show me this when dr.chop put up splices with clear ruby for sale!:lolsign:
U fontofuselessknowledge!

Haha - when you joined you PM'ed me questions about custom cut OEM lenses and LG rubbers, but you didn't ask about LG lenses... ;)

Haha - when you joined you PM'ed me questions about custom cut OEM lenses and LG rubbers, but you didn't ask about LG lenses... ;)
Cause I never thought about aftermarket lenses back then. What about the clear ruby thread? I'm trying to remember if I chimed in on that thread.

Back