• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet maintenance

I started servicing my own X-metals because I live somewhere where I have no options but to ship out everything, and I can't just take a long drive to insure my mail won't get lost. Plus shipping prices nowadays are getting outta hand. I believe I am extremely fortunate not to have damaged any X-Metals with bridge pins. But that's not to say that it won't happen one day. This work is not for the faint of heart, or one with impatience. Line up of pin thru both flex coupler and bridge is key, like @Slim said above. I touched upon it in my DIY thread and have photos to kinda help explain this process. :cool-33:🤙
Same with me, there was nobody to do the service around here and I wasnt realy happy with sending the xmetals abroad and face the possibility of them getting lost. So I took the risk and tried to fixed them myself. After doing 5th pair I felt pretty confident. And for those who are still scared to do it, I was scared as hell because the xmetals were pretty expensive here in comparison with how much I earned, and myself i need to have at least 80% confidence that I can do something before I do it, so I spent numerous hours reading through the forum again and again. Now when anyone comes to my local oakley store that needs to get the xmetals fixed they give that person my number and even some optic stores contact me.

What’s your profession? If you’re say a brain surgeon then replace pins and rubbers will be a piece of piss. It’s not exactly rocket science.

Truth be told - the presses are not design to remove or install pins.

Pins and rubbers are easy replaced using a small pin hammer and good quality nail punch.

If you’re an office worker - don’t try. Otherwise I say it’s easy peasy

Latest Posts

Back