• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet New Out Of Box, Stem Hits Opposite Orbital When Closed?

capacheto

Oakley Beginner
Brand new, from Oakley.com, Juliets when closed one ear stem whacks the opposite orbital. Visually inspected and the stems are not bent and there does not seem to be any unusual shape distortion to the frame itself. Almost as if the stem was over ground in the area that contacts the joint to stop it from over closing and doing what is happening now. Anyone else have this happen? Every other pair of Juliets I have had have an approximate 8-9mm gap from the end of the stem and the orbital when stems are folder close. Hammerstems have close to double that. Not sure if I should contact Oakley on this or if I am being too anal? Any thoughts?

Its a casted part,somone in the deflashing/grinding stage probibly hit that stop tang too much with the grinder and caused this problem,it really doesnt mean anything but for $300.00 youd think quality controll would have caught it.

Thanks. I might try and see if an ear stem swap with a simialr pair will result in a stop. Hoping that the orbital on the donor pair would be slightly more shallow and make up for the stem.

I have the same problem with a brand new pair, so I just make a conscious effort to always close the side that does stop first, so that the other side can't rub on the orbital while folded in the bag/case.

Back