• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet nose piece & arm rubber advice

TheBlondeFella

Oakley Beginner
I have 2 questions / issues.

1. How does everyone stop the nose rubbers from continuously coming away from the frame? Mine often fall off while cleaning the lenses and I lost another last week while on vacation.

2. One of my arm rubbers has split and needs replacing. Any advice rather than brute force in putting a new one on as its REALLY tight and doesn't want to slide on.

as always ... thanks in advance

1. Install them properly

2. Get it wet and put some Dawn dish soap on it as a lubricant to slide it in easier......

And TWSS

Thanks.
Any suggestions in keeping the nose rubbers on?
Is there a specific way of putting them on ... it seems pretty simple to me but maybe i'm doing it wrong.

It might be more in how you are cleaning vs needing new rubbers.

I daily cleaned my Juliet’s for ~10 years without removing nose bombs. I usually have my finger wrapped around them to give a stable hold on the frame while cleaning, so the finger keeps them solid.
Sounds like a new pair of OEM rubbers would do you good, they are still available on Oakley.com for $10.

For your ear socks, like the un-linkable Trump said, a small dab of soap to break the stickyness.
I use a drop of Purell hand sanitizer and they slide on effortlessly. Wipe up the remaining, and your set.

The nose bombs “hook” onto to the corresponding T-shaped nose part of the frame.

Are yours so greasy and deteriorated that that fall off that easily?

Put your hand in your pocket and tune up the frame, treat the old girl to some new hardware and bring her back to her former glory!

You know it makes sense.

all of my nose pieces and ear socks have come direct from Oakley and are definitely Juliet parts.
i bought 3 sets from Oakley some time ago as i was concerned that i might not be able to by any more spares in the future. I'm currently using the smaller of the 2 nose pieces.
They seem to come off a lot easier in hot climates.
... and yes i was seriously considering applying a dab mastic to hold them in place they seem to fall off on a yearly basis

Back