• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet or XX?

TheHambone

Oakley Expert
Omaha, NE
I came across these on the bay the other day. I've been trying to find a pair of XX's within my budget for quite some time, and I saw that these had XX listed in the description, but they also say Juliet, and given the price that they're bidding at, I'm not 100% certain which model they are. I think they're XX since they're sitting on the bottom of the orbitals rather than on the framework for the screws, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to tell the difference between the two or not. I also noticed that they do not have a serial on either ear stem. I figured someone more knowledgeable about XX's could chime in and let me know if that's what these are.

oak1.jpg

oak2.jpg

oak3.jpg

I came across these on the bay the other day. I've been trying to find a pair of XX's within my budget for quite some time, and I saw that these had XX listed in the description, but they also say Juliet, and given the price that they're bidding at, I'm not 100% certain which model they are. I think they're XX since they're sitting on the bottom of the orbitals rather than on the framework for the screws, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to tell the difference between the two or not. I also noticed that they do not have a serial on either ear stem. I figured someone more knowledgeable about XX's could chime in and let me know if that's what these are.

View attachment 620831

View attachment 620832

View attachment 620833

They are definitely XX TIO2, bigger orbitals give it away

Def XX, orbital size is right and the orbital screw housing sticks out from the frame whereas a Juliet would not. Rubbers are aftermarket on that but nice frame overall from the pics. If the lenses are genuine Oakley they look to be custom cut Sapphire Prizm.

Grab them! XX are great, just the bigger brother of the Juliet.

You won’t regret it, if you do, sell em here :)

I have a bid on them, they didn't make reserve price before he relisted and I found his reserve price this time around, so I have about 2 more days of waiting to see if my bid will hold. It'll be a hell of a good deal if it does hold up.

Definitely XX. From my experience with Ebay metal, usually need a tune $35, lenses $50 to $100 depending on the quality you want, and rubber can very.

This pair, definitely lenses, probably a tune.
Some people enjoy fixing up a pair, or you can up your budget to the total cost and get a pair that doesn't need anything.

Definitely XX. From my experience with Ebay metal, usually need a tune $35, lenses $50 to $100 depending on the quality you want, and rubber can very.

This pair, definitely lenses, probably a tune.
Some people enjoy fixing up a pair, or you can up your budget to the total cost and get a pair that doesn't need anything.

I'm cool with picking up a beater pair, in fact I planned on picking up a frame in need of some work for my next pair anyway. I already have TiO2 Juliets, so at the very least, I'd get these refinished in 24k.