• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Orbital Edges Uneven

joecool862

Keeper of the Skull
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Kansas City Baby!
So I have my beater pair of x-metal Juliets that I recently placed some lovely Fruby lenses in. My problem is that the left lens isn't sitting quite right... The opening to the left orbital, the where the gasket sits is slight off, with one side being higher than the other when the orbital screw is tightened. The edge of the lens is clearly visable and doesn't sit perfectly in the frame. This gives a bit of flex to that part of the lens I notice when cleaning it. My question is, is there anything I can do to fix/minimize this? Is this a fairly common problem?

IMG_20141013_170753.jpg

Does the lens popped out when you tighten the orbital screw? I usually try to hear a popping/snapping sound on the four "corners" of the orbital to make sure it is in the orbital groove. Also the gasket groove has to line up with the lens.
15530833372_2ba4f94502_b.jpg

Hope that helps

So I have my beater pair of x-metal Juliets that I recently placed some lovely Fruby lenses in. My problem is that the left lens isn't sitting quite right... The opening to the left orbital, the where the gasket sits is slight off, with one side being higher than the other when the orbital screw is tightened. The edge of the lens is clearly visable and doesn't sit perfectly in the frame. This gives a bit of flex to that part of the lens I notice when cleaning it. My question is, is there anything I can do to fix/minimize this? Is this a fairly common problem?

IMG_20141013_170753.jpg
I'll agree with the post above, make sure the gasket is in properly, because from this angle it doesn't look seated properly...

Second, there have been complaints about Juliet lenses which weren't 'cut' properly causing em to not sit properly in the frames ... You'd almost have to return em ( if you're within the proper delay) or send em off to one of our 'chop' artists for a lense checkup and correction...

The gasket definitely lines up with the lens correctly. The lens pops in correctly but the side portion raises out a bit when I tighten the orbital screw... It's almost like the holes on either side of the orbital that the screw connects aren't right across from each other and one is slightly higher than the other...

That looks like a first gen frame based solely on the pics. If so the may be an issue with the non threaded hole being too big and not allowing for true alignment when tightening down the torx head. Have your tried another lens? Is the one your using and OEM Oamley lens? When you remove the screw out of the orbital does the orbital twist outward and not line up?

That looks like a first gen frame based solely on the pics. If so the may be an issue with the non threaded hole being too big and not allowing for true alignment when tightening down the torx head. Have your tried another lens? Is the one your using and OEM Oamley lens? When you remove the screw out of the orbital does the orbital twist outward and not line up?

The lenses are definitely OEM. I sent these off to the x-man to be tightened when I got them. I remember when I took the left lens out that the gasket was compressed and nearly flattened before I sent them. That's essentially what they do now with the new gasket... You may be right, the non thredded side may be slightly larger... I'm guessing there is nothing that can really be done about this?

First gen stuff........ugh, lots of imperfections.i think when they drilled the hole for tapping something moved.ive seen this kinda stuff alot in the early frames.the tapped hole in the orb is sometimes way out of center.

First gen stuff........ugh, lots of imperfections.i think when they drilled the hole for tapping something moved.ive seen this kinda stuff alot in the early frames.the tapped hole in the orb is sometimes way out of center.

This makes a lot of sense to me. So it is something that has been seen in first gen frames then... The glasses work great, x-man locked these up tight for me, and like I said in my original post they are my beater pair. I was just wondering why they may have had the alignment issue and wanted to make sure it wasn't something I had done wrong/some easy fix.

Latest Posts

Back