• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet... please help...

the XS didnt have any completely severed pieces (from what I remember)... this would require a complete remold to be fixed proper.

I'd love to know how that happened. The rest of the frame doesn't look like it's been bent, so it doesn't appear that it was twisted until it snapped. It almost looks like someone took a dremel or something to it intentionally.

Maybe his lens got jammed and the local optometrist decided the best course of action was to take an angle grinder to it? No point grinding the nose pads away cus that's sooooo yesterday ;)

As the story goes, the pair was originally bent due to being run over by someone who didn't appreciate them. The pair was picked up and kept in hiding for years, while my friend tried to figure the best course of action. He brought it to a lens rafters thinking they could try to adjust the frame... and SNAP. Considering my friend had no money vested in the pair, he gave it to me as a parts frame. Come to find out the frame still shut completely with the screw and gasket intact.

As the story goes, the pair was originally bent due to being run over by someone who didn't appreciate them. The pair was picked up and kept in hiding for years, while my friend tried to figure the best course of action. He brought it to a lens rafters thinking they could try to adjust the frame... and SNAP. Considering my friend had no money vested in the pair, he gave it to me as a parts frame. Come to find out the frame still shut completely with the screw and gasket intact.
:lol:
opticians... I was spot on with my guess!

oh and let that be a lesson for the uninitiated... trying to bend X-metal without experience means you severely risk breaking it.

20150911_084951.jpg
20150911_084951-1.jpg
20150911_084951.jpg

Latest Posts

Back