• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Polished Blue Iridium - What To Do? Opinions Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordTyranus

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone.
I'm new to this forum, great to see so many people that are passionate about Oakley sunglasses.
Many years ago, when I was younger and flush with cash, I went on my first unsupervised holiday, to Canada. At the same time there was a lot of hype about a new movie being released - X-Men.
Of course I was taken in by the hype and decided to spend big on a nice pair of Oakleys. I wanted the ones with ruby lenses, just like Cyclops but I thought better of it and purchased X-Metal Juliet Polished with Blue Iridium lens.
They were, and are, still pretty cool.
However, flash forward to now and as you probably know the weather in the UK is cloudy at best and these haven't been worn at all. I have another pair of (cheaper) Oakleys that I wear when driving.
Rather than gathering dust I was wondering if these sunglasses are valuable to a collector? They are in mint condition, lenses are scratch free, comes with original box with metal coin and spare rubber bits.
I can honestly say you could probably count on two hands and feet the amount of times it has been worn. At the beginning I was apprehensive because I didn't want to damage them and then they got relegated to the sock drawer when I got another "everyday wear" pair.
Can someone give these a good home?
Thanks

How would I know how much to price them at, if I chose to sell them? Would I be better off selling them here or a major auction website?

Well the members here will chime in. I think before you can sell on here right away you will need to establish a reputation on here meaning more posts and waiting a certain number of days. When this period is over I am sure you could sell them easily on here. Ebay will charge you a fee ,Craigslist is ok but not the best target audience. Also price varies a good bit the more you have that came with them the more they can go for.

Would I be better off selling them here or a major auction website?
That would probably be a wash. Selling on eBay would cost you about 12-14% in fees which would come off the total.
You're pair on this forum would probably bring about 350-400 USD. Paypal will eat up about 3% of this.
Offering them on eBay would allow you to reach a broader audience- along with all the irritating messages from Kblis & others asking for a $200 buy it now price- and probably in the end fetch a little higher price but would cost you $40-50 in marketing/ final value fees.
You've got a great pair there with beautiful lenses that a collector somewhere will truly appreciate. If I didn't already have a couple pair I'd surely be in the hunt...
Cheers!

Just wear them! X Metals are the toughest shades on earth, meant to be used and abused!

Sounds like there is a lot of sentimental value to your glasses. Unless you're in dire need of the funds, my advice would to be to hold on to them. A while back I was in the same situation as you were. I went on the internet to research the worth of my juliets when I came across Oakleyforum. After learning more about juliets and finding more people that are enthusiastic about Xmetal oakley's, I found myself a new hobby. Now I have multiple pairs of Xmetal Oakleys. I would never have forgiven myself if I had sold my "first" pair of Juliets. From your story, it sounds like you could imagine yourself as a collector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back