• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Purchases Since Joining The Forum

Strong point. Yeah I frequently get the two confused. I like the hammer stems always felt that was a edgy look. Thanks for the info though! I have a carbon and a grey one? Maybe x metal finish,its like a mat grey really. I don't really know all the frame colors...
Sounds like it. This is x-metal:
60xp-png.44562.jpg

Slightly rough to the touch. Titanium and early plasma are similar but lighter and should have serials that give the game away, though those can wear off - think Kronin has a titanium (?) frame where the serial is only very faint.

Juliets have quite the proliferation of finishes compared to the other x-metals:

Plasma (matter early on, becoming shinier)
X-metal
Titanium
TiO2
Polished
Carbon
Brown
Polished carbon

were all official releases.

60xp-png.44562.jpg

Slightly rough to the touch. Titanium and early plasma are similar but lighter and should have serials that give the game away, though those can wear off - think Kronin has a titanium (?) frame where the serial is only very faint.
That's the one! Absolutely love it :)
Glad you happen to have one on hand for an example lol

60xp-png.44562.jpg

Yeah, he posted pics in another thread, they're x-metal.

Yes, my Ti frame is 1st gen; it has a much flatter finish than later Ti, as did early "bone" plasma. And they did have a problem with the serials fading; I would have never known what they really were without BriP's help.

Well thanks to everyone for helping me solve this mystery! I have just been calling them "grey-ish" for like a month...

based on what i have, the early plasmas tend to get yellowish over time.
titanium is brownish and pretty "slippery" in feel, much like the titanium r1 as well
newer plasmas are very different from the earlier plasmas. newer ones have this "stainless steel" look.
x metal is, yup, slightly rough to the touch...
polished is pretty obvious (especially with the hammerstems).

Back