• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Repair Service From Oakley HQ

He can do the Juliet repair, but if I'm not mistaken he uses a much better silicone than what Oakley does. He also can refinish the frames.

I'm new here, so without this trying to sound doubtful, but what is it that X-MAN can do with X-Metals out of curiosity?

More like what can't he do?.......he can do this for starters....

ynabuqad.jpg

a3ebete8.jpg

Those look nasty... I think I'm changing the gameplan for the next pair I send him.

Were those polished originally or are the XX?

Is that a good nasty? Was a polished Juliet......they're so sick! Wait until you see the finished pair next week....currently headed to FL for lenses.....

He can do the Juliet repair, but if I'm not mistaken he uses a much better silicone than what Oakley does. He also can refinish the frames.

almost.

X-MAN uses silicone, which is supposedly more durable. Oakley uses an unobtainium sleeve/flap which can degrade like all unobtainium pieces over time. as far as function - the Silicone will retain its strength longer than the unobtainium sleeve. The unobtainium sleeve was designed to flex to fit your face shape , and if worn over time by the same person, it will eventually loosen up to fit you comfortably (obviously if you dont abuse it). my JulieX has been near-daily since i got it, and although it is looser now, it fits absolutely comfortably and i doubt it will get any looser once it has 'settled' to your face shape.

but if you like the Brand New, Squeezing your head feeling, the Silicone is definitely the way to go - it;ll stay TIGHT for much longer.

almost.

X-MAN uses silicone, which is supposedly more durable. Oakley uses an unobtainium sleeve/flap which can degrade like all unobtainium pieces over time. as far as function - the Silicone will retain its strength longer than the unobtainium sleeve. The unobtainium sleeve was designed to flex to fit your face shape , and if worn over time by the same person, it will eventually loosen up to fit you comfortably (obviously if you dont abuse it). my JulieX has been near-daily since i got it, and although it is looser now, it fits absolutely comfortably and i doubt it will get any looser once it has 'settled' to your face shape.

but if you like the Brand New, Squeezing your head feeling, the Silicone is definitely the way to go - it;ll stay TIGHT for much longer.

I got my Juliets in 2005, and they have been pretty much my daily drivers since I got them. About three years ago I got a set of Monster Dogs, and those have been my "beater" glasses. I use them for swimming, biking, pretty much any hard outdoor activity. Anyway, I had worn my Juliets down to absolutely nothing. They held their form for about the first year, but quickly degraded after that. The frames were completely loose after about two years, and I've just been wearing them like that ever since. Funny thing, even with them as worn down as they were, I never had comfort issues wearing them. It wasn't until one of the clerks at a Sunglass Hut noticed them that I found out Oakley would service them. I guess I figured that it was just wear and tear, and I had no problem living with it. Anyway, I called Oakley about the service, and had planned to send them in, but then in my quest for replacement lenses, I found this forum. After being told by so many, I decided to go with X-MAN instead. He did the tune-up, and refinished my frames for me. I just paid him this morning, and hopefully I'll have them back by the end of the week!

So out of the service from Oakley, what is it that they do and will replace for the $65.00 fee?

According to the guy I spoke to at Oakley, they repair the nose bridge and replace all of the rubber pieces. I don't know if they do any refinishing of the frames or not, I didn't ask.

Back