• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Rubber Ki?

No gaskets and no temple shocks, just earstems and the small and large nose bombs.

Correct, the Oakley replacement kits only have earsocks and nosebombs. Those are the only pieces that contact your face/head when wearing so I guess the kit assumes those are the only pieces that will wear out...

Alternatively, you could go 3rd party i.e. LineGear for individual pieces or full sets of rubbers and gaskets. They're not quite as "grippy" as OEM but they're pretty good, make of silicone. Many more color choices, too. I'm using half a dozen sets of LG rubbers and have been happy.

I wouldn't go 3rd party for replacement lenses, though - stick with OEM, custom cuts if that's the only way. It's worth the money.

My $0.02...

Oh yeah, for replacement gaskets, you could also try posting a WTB in the exchange, sometimes people have some extras they're willing to part with.

Thanks Every one. Kronos how do the after market rubber kits hold up over time? Do they have a green kit, that is as green as the green ichiro ear socks?

Thanks Every one. Kronos how do the after market rubber kits hold up over time? Do they have a green kit, that is as green as the green ichiro ear socks?

Uh, by "Kronos" do you mean me? :whistle:

Well, they're silicone. Not indestructible, but a longer lasting material than everyday rubber. The biggest risk is installing the earsocks in the first place, if you bunch them up too much they can split (or so it says in the directions from LG; didn't happen to me). Use a drop of gel hand sanitizer on the end of the earstem before installing and it works as lube, no problem, dries nice and tight.

One big difference between LG orbital gaskets and OEM is that the OEM gaskets are more of a hard plastic than unobtainium. The LG gaskets are the same silicone as the rest of the kit so you can squish them down too much by overtightening. Just make sure they're tight enough to not come loose but not so tight you can't see them...

Yes, they have green, but I don't have any ichiros to compare them to firsthand. Search the forum, there might be some comparison pics (I know there are some comparing LG purple to OEM IH purple somewhere).

Here's my set with LG green:
20140301_164646.jpg

20140301_164513.jpg

20140228_161855.jpg

Latest Posts

Back