• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Ruby Lens Question

hybrid90

Oakley Enthusiast
I sold my pair of original pair of X Metal/Ruby lens Juliets a while back to a friend, under the condition that if I needed the lenses, we could deal for them (he put in prescription Ruby lenses). I recently acquired a set of Carbon Juliets w/Black Iridium Polarized lenses. The BIP lenses are too dark for my taste, so I contacted my friend and reacquired the Ruby lenses. My question is: how can I tell if these were the original version of the Ruby lens (the ones from X Men/Eric Bana in Blackhawk Down) or if they're the newer "Fruby" version because these Ruby lenses are still a bit darker than the Ruby lenses I had in my Straight Jacket 2's? I have noticed that the lens seems to be a bit more "blue" on the left and right of the lens vs the center when looking through them. I do remember that the Juliets that they came from were serialized on the arm, but haven't been able to get ahold of them to get the actual serial. I know that this is a foul, and I appreciate the collector value, but I actually prefer the "Fruby" lens since I wear these every day. I'm just curious as I'll be selling the BIP lenses, and possibly the Ruby lenses for a newer set if they're a bit lighter in color
IMG_8101.JPG

Last edited:
i think i have a new set i can trade yah! those look tk be deeper red but have a little fire to them too. but to answer your question. the fruby lenses are more like fire around the edges. there should be a set in my album.

I have a bnib FRuby too. But seriously, your lenses have an excellent hue to them. Ruby seems to have the most variation of color from generation, to frame and/or production date.

Last edited:
Hahaha, yeah, that's what I thought. I have this tendency to choose function over form which is a heck of a place to be when referring to Juliet Ruby lenses... WHY, OH WHY did I have to fall in love with Juliets all those years ago...???? :headbang:

i personally liked the fruby xmetal since they were what turned me on to xmetals altogether but dont have juliet deep ruby ones myself, but do have em in my r1's!

Mine are real rubies just a later run I have them in a pair of xserial juliets both pics are the same lenses your is the more coveted one thow..
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back