• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Ruby Lens Question

I actually am having InfiniteHero cut me a set of newer Ruby lenses, but have decided to keep the set I have now, as a "backup". But I'm really curious to see how different the two will be. I will prob post up some pics for comparison with similar lighting conditions and backgrounds (sunny day outside, I side with artificial light, etc...).

I actually am having InfiniteHero cut me a set of newer Ruby lenses, but have decided to keep the set I have now, as a "backup". But I'm really curious to see how different the two will be. I will prob post up some pics for comparison with similar lighting conditions and backgrounds (sunny day outside, I side with artificial light, etc...).

With newer ruby, some still have pretty good red, others look like old-school fire. It's really hit-or-miss. With custom cuts (particularly with BT to Juliet), you've got better chances of most of the orangey edges getting cut out and leaving you with better red.

But none of the modern stuff has the hints of purple like in the old ones.

wise decision - you would regret getting rid of these....

i will look forward to the comparison pics

Is there much of a difference from the inside looking out?

From the experience I've had, it seems that the older Ruby lens tends to be a shade or two darker. The Ruby lenses in my Straight Jacket 2's were brighter and seemed to offer more clarity and detail, but that could just be the darker vs. lighter shade. I had a pair of A Wires 2.0 w/Ruby lens that were very dark, almost the same tint as the Black Iridium. Those were from 2000.

From the experience I've had, it seems that the older Ruby lens tends to be a shade or two darker. The Ruby lenses in my Straight Jacket 2's were brighter and seemed to offer more clarity and detail, but that could just be the darker vs. lighter shade. I had a pair of A Wires 2.0 w/Ruby lens that were very dark, almost the same tint as the Black Iridium. Those were from 2000.

You mean something like these........DSCF4729.jpg

You mean something like these........DSCF4729.jpg

Yeah. These...

image.jpg

Back