• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Serial Numbers Question

jiveSEVEN

I Should Work at Oakley...
Denver, CO
I know very little about X Metals since I am just kind of getting into them. A guy on CL is selling a used old pair for pretty cheap, and I am not sure if it is real or not. I asked him to give me the number inside the earstem and he gave me: JE033827A....does this look like a legit serial number?

Looks good. That indicates a Plasma frame with emerald lenses. The A also means its a second generation plasma frame, which is good becasue you should not have any discoloration issues with those.

The JE033827 would be refering to a Plasma/Emerald Juliet but im not so sure about the A it may be a second run im guessing? I havent seen this on a Juliet before?

Thanks for the quick reply guys, y'all are awesome :). I haven't bought em yet but might pick em up today. The guy wants $100 for em...gonna check out the frame but he said lenses are scratched a bit which I am gonna replace anyways. No box or coin though...still a good deal you think?

If they have to be sent in for a tune-up you're looking at $70 + the cost of new lenses, but if the frames are in good shape and all you have to do is replace the lenses...I would say $100 is a good deal.

Sweet, yea he said the nosebridge is just a tad loose but I do plan on getting the new lenses and sending it in for a tune up...hmm decisions decisions...thanks for the quick assistance as well.

depends on what a tad loose is-may only be minor-unless the nose bridge is just totally shot-I'd say its a good deal

Meh I just met up with the guy. The nose bridge was really loose, the rubbers and lens were beat. I passed since I didn't want to go through the trouble of the tune up and all. If the nose bridge wasn't that bad I probably would have taken them.

Latest Posts

Back