• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet SN Question

Mr. K

Oakley Expert
Seattle, WA
Anyone know what colorway JEXXXXXA is for?

I can find JIXXXXXA for plasma ice but no JEXXXXXA.

Thinking it for Juliet Emerald plasma but want to be sure. Not sure what the A on the end is for.

Thanks.

The "A" serial was used to define the 2nd Generation Plasma/Emerald Juliet. One of the best Oakley colorways IMHO. The Plasma frame compliments the Emerald lenses nicely.

JE###### is Juliet - Plasma - Emerald 04-115, as far as I am aware there is no 'A' 2nd generation of this glass, there was however a later release of it in 2009 with part code 04-150 but this had no serial.

JE###### is Juliet - Plasma - Emerald 04-115, as far as I am aware there is no 'A' 2nd generation of this glass, there was however a later release of it in 2009 with part code 04-150 but this had no serial.

Really Froggie? I could've sworn I've seen one before. Hmmmm..... Lemme look for a pic.....

Couldn't find a pic... But I did find these posts....

avy5aje9.jpg

ybu7eva7.jpg

There was one just posted on Facebook the other day. JExxxxxxA. Dann and brip were talking about it. Not sure on the entire backstory, but they're def out there

I must admit to being surprised to learn of a 2nd generation Juliet - Plasma - Emerald, with serial JE######A. Most, if not all of us will be aware of the X Metal serial list on the O Review which is concise, detailed, and has been accessible for a long time. I would have thought by now the A version of 04-115 would have been added to that list, given the number of knowledgeable collectors who are associated with O/R, and also taking into consideration the glass must by now be of some age allowing sufficient time to pass for the information of it's existence to be added to the list. The serial quoted in this thread creates further questions, the number is JE052531A, so here is a pair in the 52 thousands! unless the numbering began in the high thousands, it would be reasonable to assume there are over 52 thousand pairs, a sufficient quantity that would suggest the release would be more recognized by now, conversely, had the serial been very low, it would be easier to understand a relative few pairs escaping attention. Is it possible, that the number is for a JI or JT 2nd gen frame and stated as JE in error? In accepting a 2nd gen Plasma Emerald as fact, it raises the question about the possible existence of other X Metals with a 2nd or 3rd gen A/B serial that are not yet common knowledge.

Latest Posts

Back