• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal Juliet Temple Shocks 15 & 25, & Orbital Gaskets

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

*EDIT = Purchased from Oakley Canada. Thanks.*

Hi everyone. I just purchased a used Juliet and it is missing the t-shox so I am in the market for 2 new sets; 15 & 25. If you only have one size, I am still interested.

I will also consider new orbital gaskets if anyone has a pair to sell. Thank you.

$_1.jpe

orbital.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
You can still get the Orbital gaskets from Oakley ;)

I emailed them first ;)

I called Oakley Canada and they couldn't find the part numbers. They advised me to send my Juliets in for a tune-up and they would tighten the nose bridge and replace all rubber items for $35 CDN ($25 USD). I hate to do it because my Juliets are factory tight and I just installed new nose pads and ear socks, plus I've heard horror stories about Oakley misplacing frames. The person on the phone was very friendly and said he would call me back today after they find the part numbers for the orbital gaskets and temple shocks. These quotes from an e-mail I received from Oakley Canada are a bit alarming:

"If your model is discontinued, you may be eligible for the Oakley Upgrade Program. Through this program, we can offer you special pricing towards the purchase of a new pair of Oakley sunglasses. We hope to hear from you soon."

"Custom products: Oakley will have the option, at its discretion, to repair or replace defective Product with new or functionally equivalent Product that may be of a different style or configuration than the original product."

I can just imagine a scenario: "Sorry Sir, but we do not have parts for your old Juliet. We can however offer you 20% off our brand new Badman". :shock:

A customer service representative from Oakley Canada just called and he was strongly advising me to send my Juliets in so their service technician could install the orbital gaskets and temple shocks. I told him I didn't want to ship my Juliets and I just wanted to buy the parts. He was very friendly and professional. I think they are just worried about customers working on their own glasses and damaging them. He ended up selling me six pieces (two orbitals, two 15s, and two 25s). He did mention that he was unsure of how much longer Oakley would be servicing the Juliets because the parts supply is limited.

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
I called Oakley Canada and they couldn't find the part numbers. They advised me to send my Juliets in for a tune-up and they would tighten the nose bridge and replace all rubber items for $35 CDN ($25 USD). I hate to do it because my Juliets are factory tight and I just installed new nose pads and ear socks, plus I've heard horror stories about Oakley misplacing frames. The person on the phone was very friendly and said he would call me back today after they find the part numbers for the orbital gaskets and temple shocks. These quotes from an e-mail I received from Oakley Canada are a bit alarming:

"If your model is discontinued, you may be eligible for the Oakley Upgrade Program. Through this program, we can offer you special pricing towards the purchase of a new pair of Oakley sunglasses. We hope to hear from you soon."

"Custom products: Oakley will have the option, at its discretion, to repair or replace defective Product with new or functionally equivalent Product that may be of a different style or configuration than the original product."

I can just imagine a scenario: "Sorry Sir, but we do not have parts for your old Juliet. We can however offer you 20% off our brand new Badman". :shock:
We have an Awesome Oakley repair centre in the UK. I have sent lots of Juliet and Penny to them and they always do a fantastic job. CAN'T BELIEVE the home of the X-metal is poor service! If you have a very expensive pair, it might be better to send them to the UK to be serviced. Better than having them lost or damaged.

Username Hidden said:
We have an Awesome Oakley repair centre in the UK. I have sent lots of Juliet and Penny to them and they always do a fantastic job. CAN'T BELIEVE the home of the X-metal is poor service! If you have a very expensive pair, it might be better to send them to the UK to be serviced. Better than having them lost or damaged.

There have been issues with Oakley UK. Bad tuning, damaged frames and lost items.

Username Hidden said:
There have been issues with Oakley UK. Bad tuning, damaged frames and lost items.
Never had a problem in 9 years with the Coventry HQ. Sent loads of Julies and Penny's.

Username Hidden said:
Never had a problem in 9 years with the Coventry HQ. Sent loads of Julies and Penny's.

Issues have been fairly recent, but there ARE issues now.

Username Hidden said:
Issues have been fairly recent, but there ARE issues now.
Right, I did send a pair in recently for a service and they came back fine. Maybe I have been lucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.