• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet tight hinges: which other Oakleys have tight hinges?

I needed the money. I was hoping for a style much cheaper that wouldn't have to sit on my nose bridge. I'm even thinking of going to another brand besides Oakleys.

Juliets are really pricey

That sucks.

I have a feeling you are going to go through a lot of pairs trying to find something that will compare and will be unsuccessful.

Those pairs will always need to be replaced as they wont last forever.

Juliets on the other hand will end up lasting forever but will only end up needing maintenance.

The Juliets allow you to adjust the fit at the sides by swapping temple shocks, so if over time you needed them tighter or looser you can do that with the one pair. One more expensive pair or more cheap pairs over the Juliet's lifetime - what seems expensive now doesn't always play out that way in the long run....

How does the tightness of the hinge equate to the frame resting on your nose bridge? These are not related imo.

The tighter the fit at the temple, the easier to keep them off the nose bridge. So Oakley's three-point fit becomes more of a two-point fit.

Hello everyone,
I have an important question. A few years ago I had an accident & my nose broke. It has healed but every time I put on sun glasses, it really hurts the bridge of my nose. I didn't wear sunglasses for 3 years, then due to the UV Rays of the sun I developed sensitive eyes & I purchased an Oakley Juliet & to my surprise, the hinges were so tight that it would hold the sunglasses to the point where the nose piece wouldn't have to sit on the bridge of my nose. I loved it, no more pain. But Juliets are discontinued & are being sold for LOTS of money on eBay. So I was really really hoping that one of you would know a cheaper alternative. So I need POLARIZED lenses, hinges that are tight like Juliets so the nose piece doesn't have to sit on the bridge of my nose & under $150.

Please help
Thank you

I think now I have heard it all !!!!! You would be surprised how many people buy my BNIB X Metals on eBay then ask to return them due to not fitting. I mean a Rare exclusive piece, then want to return. BUT...... Seriously sorry for your nose pain issue. However, really? Every persons face is different in this world, I have never put on a pair of glasses that doesn't touch my nose. I wear Juliets and they always touch my nose. So even on the face of your question I don't understand what your on about. There are very many glasses on the market, with Oakley your getting plastic or aluminum for the most part new now. You might be able to go into a store, try and ton of pairs on, and see if the hinges were tightened it might work. I understand wanting help or advice on this, and several members have tried to be helpful, I am just trying to point out the fact that you have to go try them on to see. If the Juliet was perfect, @THE X-MAN can tighten them like no tomorrow and get them right for you. Save up then you will be happy, otherwise your looking for something that will never satisfy.

I think bottom line is the selection of polarized Oakleys in your stated price range is very, very slim and unlikely to meet your requirements.

Back