• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet- TiO2 & Negative TiO2?

gusbus696

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
South Texas
I have 2 Oakley Juliets one plasma and one x metal and I was wondering if switching earstems and possibly the nosebridge (if I could find a way to do it without scratching or messing either of them up) could make one of them look like a TiO2 frame and the other a negative version? Would the colors be correct or would it look quite different? Also I'm gonna be sending them to Oakley for tune ups. Would it be possible for them to switch them for me? Btw I'm new on the forum, but I've read through the x metal section quite a bit. Thanks

I would say they don't look the same and I don't think Oakley will switch them for you. Here are some pics.

TiO2.png

-TiO2_1.png

-TiO2_2.png

Attachments

• TiO2.png
    TiO2.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 195
  • -TiO2_1.png
    -TiO2_1.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 289
  • -TiO2_2.png
    -TiO2_2.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 225
  • TiO2.png
    TiO2.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 419
  • -TiO2_1.png
    -TiO2_1.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 256
  • -TiO2_2.png
    -TiO2_2.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 218
If I remember correctly, they are Titanium and X Metal. Personally, I'd say they don't look pretty close to each other. Just my 2 cents.

What I have heard is that HQ Customer Service will not re-assemble glasses to make custom pairs like this....now maybe it depends on who you get at CS but I was told by a very close OF member who frequents HQ CS quite often......

I have a pair of frankenTiO2's like that, dude that sold em to me said he walked into HQ and they did the swap for him. They look ok I guess but not like the real thing and they left the xmetal rivets in the nose bridge so there's no contrast in color there. Only bought em cause they were $100 and I didn't want to blow $600 on the real thing.

I'm thinking about either combining them or keeping them separated and get rubys for my x metals and ice for my plasmas.

Back