• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Tune-Up Question

@Shilock I first stumbled on this site looking to DIY tuneup my Juliet as well. Welcome to the forum.

Long story short, if you only have the 1 pair, I would highly recommend you send them to @THE X-MAN for a “tune-up”. Super quick turn around, has done hundreds of them, and always quality.

First grab some new lenses from @Chris A Hardaway, and new rubbers (all around). Linegears are really good, and OEM are still easy enough to find.

Send all the loose bits to The X-Man, magic presto you open up the box and put on - an essentially brand new pair of X-Metal awesomeness, and Plasma looks amazing in the sun!

Wear, enjoy, and post in the selfie thread ;)

Ive read/heard different opinions about the reuse of the original nose pins, one being they are designed as a one-time use and once removed cannot be reused Or if they aren’t damaged during removal then they should be fine.

As many here found this forum looking for Maintenance options. There are plenty of options for rubbers and lenses, but the nose repair is a tricky one.

I had the same idea as you of using screws instead of pins but not for $$ reasons but for being afraid of damaging the frame when reinstalling. My stopers:
  • They will look like replicas
  • Might not feel as tight as OEM
  • Risk of over tighten and damaging the frame
  • Risk of getting loose in the middle of the action

I was living outside of the states and sending them for a profesional repair was not an option, now I a am back and when the repair is needed I will for sure send it to those who have done it hundreds of times and have pin color options.

@Shilock I first stumbled on this site looking to DIY tuneup my Juliet as well. Welcome to the forum.

Long story short, if you only have the 1 pair, I would highly recommend you send them to @THE X-MAN for a “tune-up”. Super quick turn around, has done hundreds of them, and always quality.

First grab some new lenses from @Chris A Hardaway, and new rubbers (all around). Linegears are really good, and OEM are still easy enough to find.

Send all the loose bits to The X-Man, magic presto you open up the box and put on - an essentially brand new pair of X-Metal awesomeness, and Plasma looks amazing in the sun!

Wear, enjoy, and post in the selfie thread ;)
Thousands of them........

I use OXM temple washers exclusively....they are made of a good material and only one top and 1 bottom,stacking washers is never a good idea.and its zwc0442 for flex couplers....no trimming and just the right durometer for flex.XS,pennies,5th gen juliet get my tight rubber couplers.so however you want them to move I have it covered.

Latest Posts

Back