• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Juliet VR28 BI Lenses - Like New Condition

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Hi guys,

looking for some like new condition VR28 BI lenses for my TiO2 Juliet. Anybody willing to help out?

Cheers,
Stefan

Some people reacted to this post.
Still looking.

I am looking for non-polarized lenses!

still looking

You can keep looking for these and probably not find a set or you could ask a resident chopper to cut you a set from Flak Jacket XLJ's.

...or go ahead and settle for the polarized version. Oakley still makes / sells those and would cost about the same as some non-polar custom cuts, maybe even cheaper...

Good luck.

Username Hidden said:
What does that mean? :)
To go polar costs $90 from Oakley and a non Flak XLJ costs $60. That leaves you $30 towards the chop and you've preserved a rarer colorway will be more valuable at resale time.
My .02

Username Hidden said:
What does that mean? :)
To go polar costs $90 from Oakley and a non Flak XLJ costs $60. That leaves you $30 towards the chop and you've preserved a rarer colorway will be more valuable at resale time.
My .02

Works for me.:)

But, from a collector's POV, do custom cuts have the same value as OEM cut? I'm not trying to argue, I really don't know.

New thread started for that consensus.

It's really for the collector's value in this case. The frame is in beautiful condition and was originally equipped with non-polarized lenses. Concerning having the lenses chopped: I would not know how to tell a chopped lens from an OEM one if they both come without any etching on the bottom right side. Hence I would not expect a different value. Would you?

BTT: Still looking for non-polarized VR28 BI lenses. Come on guys, somebody must still have them :)