• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet vs Badman - advice wanted

TKEMotown

Oakley Beginner
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and have a dilemma on my hands.

I have a custom pair of Juliets that are ~7 years old. I love them but the nose is completely gone. So loose that they fall off my head if I lean forward. I called Oakley to see if they could repair them and they said they could not as they are discontinued. Instead the offered me a new pair of any sunglasses they sell up to $400.

My initial thought was to get a new pair of X Metals. Specifically the BADMAN PRIZM™ DAILY POLARIZED. However I really don't like polarized so I tried to go to a store to try them out first and at 2 bigger Sunglass Huts in my area they didn't have a single pair of X Metals. This made me wonder if they are being discontinued. From searching this forum, it sounds like that might be the case. Also in searching it sounds like there are some concerns about quality and durability of the Badmans.

I also stumbled on "The X-Man Customs" who does X Metal fixing and repairs. So I could get my Juliets fixed.

What I'd like input on is which of these options you would recommend:
  1. Get the Badmans ($free)
  2. Have "X-Man" (or someone else) fix my Juliets (~$50)
  3. Get a different pair of Oakleys (if you suggest this, please provide a model and reason) ($free)
Thanks for all of your help, I appreciate it!

Wait they said they will give you a pair of badmans for free? Or they want you to send in your frame first?

I would send them to the x man, you won't have to worry about them being loose again.

Yes buy another x metal frame, you can never have enough x metals.

Juliets are 10X better period, plus X-man can fix them up and touch up any fade issues in the color and make them brand new again, or there's several people here that can pretty much make them any color you want if you want a change

Latest Posts

Back