• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet With Prescription Lens

tomas_morato

Oakley Beginner
hi guys, newbie here! i don't know if there are any related topics similar to this one in the past, i couldn't find the search button here. sorry. :confused:

anyway, i use prescription eyeglasses ( im using 120/75 grade, nearsighted) and I couldn't use my Juliet that much coz i have to wear my glasses most of the time especially driving.

is it possble to use the frame of the Juliet for a prescription lenses? have anyone tried it before? is there any special brand of prescription lenses for such this curved frames? i was thinking of using AIRWEAR (polycarbonate) lenses since these are the most commonly available here in my country (Philippines), but is it possible?

any suggestions will be highly appreciated. thanks!!! :smile:

I have 5 pair of Oakley RX.. one was X Metal XX that I got through my optometrist from Oakley., although now my X Metal XX or non-RX I am sure the Juliets would be the same

I also have a Pair of Why 8.0 with Clear lenses RX I still wear too

Brip, would a regular prescription lens do on a x-metals?
understand that these frames have a curvature of 8.75 and surely would cause a distoration right?

i think i'm right in saying it's the lens that has the curvature, not the frame. an x-metal frame will take any lens curvature.

A prescription lens won't have the same curvature, they're introducing a calculated distortion.... that's how they work. Optometrists should be able to get your prescription oversized in a polycarbonate lens and trim to fit your frame.

Oakley offers prescription but when I asked it was like $3xx for transition prescription. So it is possible. Having that said, it is possible. Given that you are in the Phil. they custom cut for you at a cheaper price. That is where I used to send my Oakley prescription to get prescription lenses with transitions.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back