• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet X-Men Ruby

Hang Loose

Oakley Beginner
Still researching for my first X-Metal Juliet purchase. Exciting.

I found a pair of Juliet X-Metal with Ruby lenses which look very nice locally. The glasses look to be in excellent condition, with box, coin, and bag. Serial starts with X123456.

What is the view from the Oakley experts on the Juliet X-Men Rubies? Are they generally higher or lower priced based on being tied to the X-Men line?

Curious what the view is on the X-Men Cyclops Rubies. More/less loved that other Juliets? Price higher or lower? Anything specific I should look for in this model?

Thanks in advance!

one of the most sought after of the juliet line if not the entire oakley range - especially if the are in mint, complete condition with the deep ruby lenses. if you have a chance of acquiring these - go get 'em!

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

one of the most sought after of the juliet line if not the entire oakley range - especially if the are in mint, complete condition with the deep ruby lenses. if you have a chance of acquiring these - go get 'em!

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

Thanks. Posted a few photos in the fake or not thread. They look pretty nice to me. Not as much 'purple' in the rubies..but still nice I think.

Official Fakes/Possible Fakes Inquiry Thread (ARE THESE FAKE? POST FAKES HERE)

Agree, very sought after and typically higher priced. But if they're in mint condition you might want to think hard about if you want to devalue them by wearing them, if you're looking for a wear pair...

Thanks. I would likely purchase to wear (sparingly).

Quick question. I also asked for a photo of the box, to confirm SKU and model. Per O-Review Db, I thought these would be either 24-125 or 04-116 model number?

This is the photo I received from the seller. What does it mean? I don't see any of the SKUs above? Perhaps I need to ask for a photo of a different part of the box (side?)?

I assume the 06/28/00 means they were made in June 28th 2000? Thus perhaps aligning them with the older 04-116 model? I'm not sure what the rest means?

image10.jpg

Thanks. I would likely purchase to wear (sparingly).

Quick question. I also asked for a photo of the box, to confirm SKU and model. Per O-Review Db, I thought these would be either 24-125 or 04-116 model number?

This is the photo I received from the seller. What does it mean? I don't see any of the SKUs above? Perhaps I need to ask for a photo of a different part of the box (side?)?

I assume the 06/28/00 means they were made in June 28th 2000? Thus perhaps aligning them with the older 04-116 model? I'm not sure what the rest means?

View attachment 268318
Yes you would be correct. That looks to be a very nice pair.

Is the SKU or model shown on a different part of the box? Or can I be confident these are 04-116 based on the manufactured date?

The Sku is on a different part of the sticker, but I think based on the date shown and the style of the box, it would be pretty safe to say that it is probably sku 04-116. One thing to consider though is that sometimes boxes and glasses do not always go together. Some collectors will buy a box with a matching colorway for a frame they have, but serial may not match. If you are specifically wanting a matched box set, it would be imperative to see the rest of the sticker with the actual sku and serial number on it.

If the serial is under 5000 starting with an X, you've got a rare and much sought after pair of Juliets indeed!

Back