• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet X Metal Finish: Generational Color Differences?

Well...in the ever changing Tune Up pricing.....I called to set it up today and now its $65...with tiered shipping depending on location. I'm in CA so its the cheapest tier of $7.50 which means the Tune Up is even MORE now at $7.50 plus $65 plus at least $5 to ship to them so now its pushing $80. Now, if you pay retail for your glasses (now starting at $350 up from $305 just 5 years ago) then that's not so bad...but when you buy new in the secondary market for $220-$250 its going to be to the point where unless the frames are discontinued or rare, buy new and sell the old ones.

As it is, if these frames were not serialed and I wasn't getting them for $85 after credits and reselling lenses and a case I got with it (and a good price on lenses at $50) its almost not worth all the trouble to save the $15-$20 vs. new with boxes etc. I love my X Metals...but the nosebridge loosening is a pain in the ***.

And has anyone else noticed there probably IS rubber of something in the nosebridge of the X Squared? Mine are loosening despite tightening screws and I have little pieces of rubber leaking out as you do on toasted Juliet nosebridges.

Well...in the ever changing Tune Up pricing.....I called to set it up today and now its $65...with tiered shipping depending on location. I'm in CA so its the cheapest tier of $7.50 which means the Tune Up is even MORE now at $7.50 plus $65 plus at least $5 to ship to them so now its pushing $80. Now, if you pay retail for your glasses (now starting at $350 up from $305 just 5 years ago) then that's not so bad...but when you buy new in the secondary market for $220-$250 its going to be to the point where unless the frames are discontinued or rare, buy new and sell the old ones.

As it is, if these frames were not serialed and I wasn't getting them for $85 after credits and reselling lenses and a case I got with it (and a good price on lenses at $50) its almost not worth all the trouble to save the $15-$20 vs. new with boxes etc. I love my X Metals...but the nosebridge loosening is a pain in the ***.

And has anyone else noticed there probably IS rubber of something in the nosebridge of the X Squared? Mine are loosening despite tightening screws and I have little pieces of rubber leaking out as you do on toasted Juliet nosebridges.

the crux of it is the harder you tighten, the more stress you place on the rubber and that chews it up faster. so..

Regarding the frames.. have you tried sending them through an O-Vault? they usually cover shipping costs...

afaik, its only thru oakley hq here in the us that you can send them in for a tune-up. i was quoted the same amount as ucdavis when i called in for a ref # to send my juliets. what's weird is that when the charge went thru my cc, they didn't charge me the $7.50 for shipping, which is good, i guess.

afaik, its only thru oakley hq here in the us that you can send them in for a tune-up. i was quoted the same amount as ucdavis when i called in for a ref # to send my juliets. what's weird is that when the charge went thru my cc, they didn't charge me the $7.50 for shipping, which is good, i guess.

I meant bring it to an O-Store/Vault, and have THEM send it to HQ. Thats the way I do it. It does mean you have to pick them up from the store again after, but also means that if it gets lost in transit, its on them.. PLus they usually pick up the shipping cost.

I meant bring it to an O-Store/Vault, and have THEM send it to HQ. Thats the way I do it. It does mean you have to pick them up from the store again after, but also means that if it gets lost in transit, its on them.. PLus they usually pick up the shipping cost.

I've asked about that in the past and my local O-Stores act like HQ is on the moon and doesn't want them to call. I've even asked them to special order stuff not in stock at the store and they're like "well we have a shipment come in every blah blah". Great...thanks for the awesome customer service

I've asked about that in the past and my local O-Stores act like HQ is on the moon and doesn't want them to call. I've even asked them to special order stuff not in stock at the store and they're like "well we have a shipment come in every blah blah". Great...thanks for the awesome customer service

WHATT? thats craP! i'd expected more from shops in the US! here in Aus they're pretty good about it. except, sometimes they're abit incapable and lose your Pennys. for a month. haha

Latest Posts

Back