• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet X-Metal - Need Assistance for First Pair

Thanks everyone for the welcome and great comments. Very helpful. I learned something already, that we have forum members who can custom cut OEM Oakley lenses. Great to know.

I'm excited to make my first X-Metal purchase and will be patient in my search for the right Juliet. I'll keep asking questions and continue to educate myself along the way. I fully expect I'll get hooked and will likely end up with several x metal sunglasses over time.

Need some help deciding. I'm debating between two pairs locally for my first X-Metal purchase, Juliets. Not purchasing to collect, but rather occasional usage and wear.
  1. First is a Juliet Carbon/Black Polarized lens model 12-835. Includes box, coin, and bag. No serial version.
  2. Second is a Juliet X Metal/Ruby lens X-Men model 04-116. Includes box, coin, and bag. Serial is in the 17,000s.
Both in similar condition. Price difference is about $125 more for the X Metal/Ruby than the Carbon/Black Polarized. Both give off a different vibe (Black = more subtle, Ruby = flashy). I like both and expect down the road I'll have both, just can't swing purchasing both at the moment.

Thoughts on which to select? Need some help from the experts. :)

Need some help deciding. I'm debating between two pairs locally for my first X-Metal purchase, Juliets. Not purchasing to collect, but rather occasional usage and wear.
  1. First is a Juliet Carbon/Black Polarized lens model 12-835. Includes box, coin, and bag. No serial version.
  2. Second is a Juliet X Metal/Ruby lens X-Men model 04-116. Includes box, coin, and bag. Serial is in the 17,000s.
Both in similar condition. Price difference is about $125 more for the X Metal/Ruby than the Carbon/Black Polarized. Both give off a different vibe (Black = more subtle, Ruby = flashy). I like both and expect down the road I'll have both, just can't swing purchasing both at the moment.

Purchase #1 to wear please

Really it's just which one you like better but for 125 cheaper I would probably go with the Carbon.

IMHO, #1 is for wearing and will match any clothes you wear.

Thanks all. My sensible side agrees that the Carbon/Black Polarized Juliets are probably a best first choice. Very versatile and can be worn at any time with anything. And a bit cheaper, which is always good.

However, I envy those X Metal/Rubies. The Ruby lenses are beauties! Surprised nobody picked those.

Thanks all. My sensible side agrees that the Carbon/Black Polarized Juliets are probably a best first choice. Very versatile and can be worn at any time with anything. And a bit cheaper, which is always good.

However, I envy those X Metal/Rubies. The Ruby lenses are beauties! Surprised nobody picked those.
We didn't pick those because you're asking about a pair to wear.

We don't want you wearing those.

Got it. And yes, I would plan to wear occasionally in rotation with other sunglasses. I take very good care of all my sunglasses, but I do wear each and every pair. For me, I purchase for personal pleasure of use vs collectable investment or showcase. If the price is right, I'll pay a little more for the comfort of knowing I have the extras (box, coin, bag, etc) to go along with them. Never know when I might want or need them. Thanks for the comments!

Back