• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Juliet X-Metal Slate Ichiro 51 2006 WBC $750 PRICED TO SELL

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
How does the SN get mixed up? I am confused.

A lot of times it's from the store showing multiple items to a customer or there may have been something wrong/missing with one pair, they check on the same model, different pair, and they get swapped out. Mostly it's because most sunglasses don't have serial numbers matched to their packaging and are handled as such.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Lack of attention to detail
Username Hidden said:
A lot of times it's from the store showing multiple items to a customer or there may have been something wrong/missing with one pair, they check on the same model, different pair, and they get swapped out. Mostly it's because most sunglasses don't have serial numbers matched to their packaging and are handled as such.
I see. Why does the SN on the box have to match the sunglasses? It's not like vintage motorcycles where you have to make sure the VIN on the frame matches the engine.

here is mine as an example; (it doesn't help that much because of the rip lol) but if you scan the barcode with a scanner, it does confirm the serial numbers match

IMG_20201001_143404.jpg

Username Hidden said:
I see. Why does the SN on the box have to match the sunglasses? It's not like vintage motorcycles where you have to make sure the VIN on the frame matches the engine.
That motorcycle is worth more with matching numbers correct? See where I'm going?

Username Hidden said:
the same reason this pair you are selling costs more than an average Juliet, almost 4x more. but if you think about it, it is just a label, and etching on a lens and the stems.

and yes it is almost exactly like vintage motorcycles. if the Serials are not matched, the wrong lenses are installed or the finish on the frame is inconsistent, etc, it lowers the value of the item, it is further removed from being "mint".

Granted, it looks like you have a really good set here, but it takes people such as myself who are looking for a mint set out of the buyers pool. If I didn't have a set already I would have given you an offer.

Username Hidden said:
That motorcycle is worth more with matching numbers correct? See where I'm going?
Yeah it does but its just a box lol.

Username Hidden said:
Not just a box in the collecting world.

Username Hidden said:
Yep, and they are just sunglasses. would you take $100 bucks for just sunglasses wrapped in a cardboard box? I'll even pay $25 for a coin that is not real currency.

I apologize for sounding like a smarta$$, my intentions are to share my perspective. if it had a matching serial, I would be a buyer, and if not I am not. my opinion is that these collectibles are on a scale, the rarity + condition puts items on the top of the scale and the value goes down as the rarity + condition decrease.

Username Hidden said:
Yep, and they are just sunglasses. would you take $100 bucks for just sunglasses wrapped in a cardboard box? I'll even pay $25 for a coin that is not real currency.

I apologize for sounding like a smarta$$, my intentions are to share my perspective. if it had a matching serial, I would be a buyer, and if not I am not. my opinion is that these collectibles are on a scale, the rarity + condition puts items on the top of the scale and the value goes down as the rarity + condition decrease.
Thanks for sharing the perspective of the collector!

Username Hidden said:
Thanks for sharing the perspective of the collector!
You should see what they ask for a $20.00 Oakley Umbrella